Mr Lite 'n' Easy Retiring at seasons end

So do I. But that mostly has to do with players like Vandenberg, Brown and Bateman. They were the real snipers and my hatred for Hawthorn will always be there after that infamous match. There was also a picture of then board member Brereton burning an Essendon jumper on the front of the nation’s biggest selling tabloid about a dozen years ago. ■■■■ them, indeed.

But, sometimes, you have to be bigger than that and acknowledge a heck of a player no matter what colours they are wearing. Wish he had of played for us!

2 Likes

He was a chanpion player but a sub standard human being

3 Likes

I can’t judge if he’s a champion or not, seeing as I’ve only seen him play however many times he played against Essendon. Was he any good, or just one of those battlers who has always been around?

I’m not sure you do, but each to their own. At least you’re not potting our own club champions to pump up Hodge’s tyres.

3 Likes

I reserve the right to dislike people without reason.

4 Likes

A champion.

But, a very unlikeable one.

5 Likes

It’s a fundamentally human trait.

1 Like

[quote=“dingus, post:124, topic:10934, full:true”]I’m not sure you do, but each to their own.
[/quote]

Why? Because I’m not throwing up flimsy excuses to hate him and behaving liike an an immature 13 year-old by calling him schoolyard names?

Why? Because I’m not throwing up flimsy excuses to hate him and behaving liike an an immature 13 year-old by calling him schoolyard names?
[/quote]

Cool your jets. It was in response to your last sentence.

2 Likes

Ah shut up doo-doo head

2 Likes

Cool your jets hodge lover

8 Likes

I’ll always remember him as being one of the best uncontested marks any backline has ever seen. And a fine kick when not under too much pressure. Now ■■■■ off Hodge.

12 Likes

you can’t say that, we’ve had players who are not great kicks under pressure as well!

Yep, summed it up perfectly.

I love Orazio Fantasia.

If he didn’t wear our colours I’d hate the crap out of him.

6 Likes

There inlies the problem. Was he a great player, or did the Media personalities just run and run and run with how “great” he was so everyone is just like, meh he is a great player.

I’m not saying he was a ■■■■ player, or even a poor one, my comment is solely based on the media commentary of any player really.

I still remember at the height of andrew Johns career (albeit a different sport sure) anything he did, or even didn’t do, was lauded over as being genius.
I still remember a bit of player where the knights scored a try, and they were raving about how johns set it up. they went back through the replay, and all he did was not catch a pass that wasn’t intended for him anyway, and allowed it to go to an outside player that scored.
The end result was Johns was a genius cos " he knew to leave the ball" for his team mate.

with the saturation of media personalities, most of which aren’t football people want to feel validated, so they up their comments on players like hodge, and make him into some kind of super human player, just so they fit in.

He was a good player no doubt, but no where near the heights he will be made out to be remembered for.

3 Likes

And he’s a ■■■■.

2 Likes

The joke is thinking three more people lining up to tongue him on here after the zillion in the media is somehow righting a huge wrong and making the world a fairer place.
It won’t.

Good player. Filthy player. Hawthorn player. Stuff him.

2 Likes

May his balls turn to bicycle wheels and backpedal up his ■■■■.
May his chooks turn to emus and kick his dunny down.

Nothing new: you had Carey watching the shove-victim-into-goalpost slow-motion replay last Friday and saying he was shepherding the ball through… though Blind Freddy could see the push came after the ball had already passed the two players and gone over the goal line. No one challenged the clearly wrong statement.

2 Likes