Nathan Brown

Absolutely!
Well worded sir.

Didn’t know him as as a kid/knows his family
= zero support from D King

2 Likes

If I was in charge of the soon to be implemented ‘send off’ rule, this incident although crude and resulting in a player taking no further part in the game, wouldn’t meet the criteria for being sent off.

Player reported + 50m penalty.

3 Likes

What over reaction? Two seconds too late, deliberate, blind side, concussion. As l missing anything?

1 Like

Having a 100kg bloke pick you off at velocity is no over reaction.

1 Like

I understand what he was trying to do but he definitely went a tad over the top. He’ll probably get two.

1 Like

This. Having that tech watching the game would be awesome.

Instead we get Bruce and Lingy prattling on about nothing.

2 Likes

The same people that were so outraged that Francis got fined now want Brown rubbed out for weeks.

Different bumps, but geez take the blinkers off.

2 Likes

It’s a contact sport. People will get hurt. Sure it was late, and he will be penalised accordingly, but it wasn’t malicious or cowardly like some are suggesting.

1 Like

… agree to disagree.

1 Like

He would have been instructed to block Saad’s run at any opportunity, and he executed poorly.

We would have been applauding the same act by an Essendon player.

4 Likes

I agree there is a bit of an over reaction to it, but I wouldn’t say it wasn’t in any way malicious.

He knew how blind-sighted Saad was, and he proceeded anyway (arguably he proceeded because of that.)

2-3 weeks would be plenty imo.

1 Like

Of course it was malicious. It was a deliberate bump that resulted in the guy being stretchered off and more significantly he knew he was waaaaay too late to think of it an act of playing footy.

1 Like

Lol.
That was not a block.

Comparisons to the Francis bump are ridiculous, unless you want to point out the many ways in which they’re different.

3 Likes

It certainly ■■■■■■ was!

Lined him up, late, off the ball while he’s looking the other way.

Malicious, cowardly, ■■■■ act.

2 Likes

l don’t applaud such acts, regardless of who the team is.

4 Likes

I don’t think you could be more wrong. I have no issue at all with the bump itself but the fact that it was so late makes it malicious & cowardly. If Saad still had the ball or it was in dispute then its very likely there would be no case to answer, the bump itself looked to be perfectly legal. Will be interesting to see how its graded - being so late it has to be intentional but whats the difference between high & severe impact? If they grade it intentional high impact body then its 3 weeks down to 2 with an early plea. If they decide the contact was severe or to the head then its automatically tribunal & 3 weeks minimum.

Looking at his stats for the night, did he spend a lot of time on the bench? Four disposals is pretty pathetic.

I’d say he spent a lot of time avoiding the area the ball or any Essendon player was in.

3 Likes

i wanna see belcho just monster someone. go all out. king kong banging on his chest someone.