NBA 2016/17 - Still waiting on Ben Simmons

It really is an insipid time we live in when star players only want to play with other star players or they throw their rattle out of the crib and crack the sulks.

Durant being the worst of them all of course but it really started the trend with LeBron moving to Miami and basically turning himself into their GM by dictating everyone he wanted on the team just like he is now in Cleveland.

It really is sad that these players think they need 4 or so Superstar players on a team these days in order to compete.

Gone are the days of Kobe & Shaq, Jordan & Pippen, Malone & Stockton etc.

Everyone just trying to chase easy rings instead of just working hard and striving to be the best.

You get paid millions of dollars to do what you love and put a ball in a hoop every night. No one is ever going to eclipse Jordan/Kobe so basically every ring won by the likes of Curry/Durant is just a participation medal anyway.

Bron has a shot of being up there with Jordan and Kobe but I sure am sick of the league bias he receives from the officials/media etc and the constant crying when they don’t win and constant trading in order to try stack the roster even more despite it being shuffling pieces for the sake of shuffling pieces.

Whatever happened to: “A Superstar team rather than a team full of Superstars.”

Rant over.

Meh, good players want to play with other good players. Kobe ■■■■■■ and moaned after he essentially forced Shaq out the door, they traded for Gasol, became contenders again and suddenly all was well.

I think with Durant it was more about Kerr’s style of play than anything. Look at how the Warriors move the ball. They lead the league in assists by a comfortable margin. Sure, the talent level allows for that, but Kerr has the whole team buying into that offense and sharing the ball. Compare that to the Thunder offense the last few years, with Russ and KD competing for shots and both players wanting to be the man at crunch time. There was always going to be friction between Russ and KD, KD realised this and wanted to find a style that suited him better. The fact he built a relationship with Curry and Iggy while playing for Team USA no doubt helped, too. Who doesn’t want to play with their mates?

It really is an insipid time we live in when star players only want to play with other star players or they throw their rattle out of the crib and crack the sulks.

Durant being the worst of them all of course but it really started the trend with LeBron moving to Miami and basically turning himself into their GM by dictating everyone he wanted on the team just like he is now in Cleveland.

It really is sad that these players think they need 4 or so Superstar players on a team these days in order to compete.

Everyone just trying to chase easy rings instead of just working hard and striving to be the best.

You get paid millions of dollars to do what you love and put a ball in a hoop every night. No one is ever going to eclipse Jordan/Kobe so basically every ring won by the likes of Curry/Durant is just a participation medal anyway.

Bron has a shot of being up there with Jordan and Kobe but I sure am sick of the league bias he receives from the officials/media etc and the constant crying when they don’t win and constant trading in order to try stack the roster even more despite it being shuffling pieces for the sake of shuffling pieces.

Rant over.

Rant over.

Meh, good players want to play with other good players. Kobe ■■■■■■ and moaned after he essentially forced Shaq out the door, they traded for Gasol, became contenders again and suddenly all was well.

I think with Durant it was more about Kerr’s style of play than anything. Look at how the Warriors move the ball. They lead the league in assists by a comfortable margin. Sure, the talent level allows for that, but Kerr has the whole team buying into that offense and sharing the ball. Compare that to the Thunder offense the last few years, with Russ and KD competing for shots and both players wanting to be the man at crunch time. There was always going to be friction between Russ and KD, KD realised this and wanted to find a style that suited him better. The fact he built a relationship with Curry and Iggy while playing for Team USA no doubt helped, too. Who doesn’t want to play with their mates?

Yeah, that’s it, it’s the ball movement.

He left OKC because he was fed up with playing for uninspiring coaches and a cheapskate front office, and alongside a ball-dominant PG who was less inclined to play second-fiddle and wanted to be the main man.

He signed with GSW because they play basketball the way Durant thinks it should be played. Because he had friends on the team and they have elite talent.

Sure, his odds of getting a ring are better, but not substantially so. The Thunder were the better team and had the Warriors dead to rights in last season’s WCF, so essentially all he’s done is jump from one championship level team to another. Big whoop!

I can wear he left okc coz he was jack of Russ, but he joined GSW to get a ring. Don’t kid yourself

I can wear he left okc coz he was jack of Russ, but he joined GSW to get a ring. Don't kid yourself
Definitely wanted to come to a winner, but there was also a big business aspect to it as well.

Rant over.

They are called the Spurs, and while these loaded up fly by nighters come and go in their sooky swaggy bluster, the Spurs have been consistently awesome for 20 years. No fuss, no fanfair, just getting it done.

Tim Duncan never complained about owners not spending enough, he just took pay cuts to allow the team to stay in contention.

Tim Duncan was also drafted next The General and won a ring in his 3rd season. He had no reason to complain about the front office as they draft and traded well on the way to multiple rings.

But lets not pretend they haven’t tried to buy one last chip by stack the roster with LA, Paul, West

I think we have found a player in Zubac.

Reminds me of Marc Gasol with his soft touch and great awareness around the hoop.

Should be starting over Mozgov, hell, I should be starting over that potato.

I can wear he left okc coz he was jack of Russ, but he joined GSW to get a ring. Don't kid yourself
Definitely wanted to come to a winner, but there was also a big business aspect to it as well.

Could have joined Sac, or gone the clippers/lakers route

Cavs are going to work out some corpses to try and assist them with their playmaking.

Veteran point guards Mario Chalmers, Jordan Farmar and Kirk Hinrich, and wing Lance Stephenson are scheduled to work out for the Cavaliers on Wednesday, league sources informed ESPN

Rant over.

They are called the Spurs, and while these loaded up fly by nighters come and go in their sooky swaggy bluster, the Spurs have been consistently awesome for 20 years. No fuss, no fanfair, just getting it done.

Tim Duncan never complained about owners not spending enough, he just took pay cuts to allow the team to stay in contention.

Tim Duncan was also drafted next The General and won a ring in his 3rd season. He had no reason to complain about the front office as they draft and traded well on the way to multiple rings.

But lets not pretend they haven’t tried to buy one last chip by stack the roster with LA, Paul, West

I would hardly consider guys like a 38 year old Pau and a vet min West, stacking the roster. LMA was grabbed as a succession plan to Tim but he chose the Spurs largely because he wanted to be closer to his son, and because you would never question that front office. Plus it was more him wanting to go to the Spurs (which is a first) than them chasing him. Plus and my point towards the OP, they got him because Tim and Manu took pay cuts to get him. They didn’t even go into the luxury tax.

Tim has plenty of opportunities to go to a bigger market and make more money. But he never doubted Pop and RC Buford to do what they could to keep his team contending.

You also need to factor in that Spurs have only chosen in the lottery once in the last 20 seasons. All their championship players aside from Duncan have been late first or second rounders and discards. Guys recently like Mills, Diaw, Green where all guys that were waived.

For reasons that I can never understand the Spurs have never been a destination of choice for free agents. Best coach in the NBA and a visionary GM

I don’t blame the warriors for taking KD he basically fell in their laps. They have also developed the majority of their core. But that city is a good choice place to come. San Antonio is in northern ■■■■■■■ Texas, there is nothing there except the Alamo and the Spurs. Yet for 20 years they have contended, and this season, their first without Tim, they have the second best record in the NBA.

The Sixers offered 18 million to Ginobli this off season and he took half of that to stay with the Spurs and end his career a one team player. That doesn’t happen any more.

I reckon the Sixers will make a big play for Patty in coming off-season.

I reckon the Sixers will make a big play for Patty in coming off-season.
so do I, suits their needs perfectly and is a Brett Brown guy

Still gets lost on d and needs to get stronger to get more boards, but weak side dish instincts and ability to run floor are niiiice.

Still raw as ****

Liked the highlights from Maker that the NBA website put up…

Didn’t think i would see Miami win 9 straight games with this roster. Only 3 games out of the playoff race now.

I swear Walton must get paid by every time out that he takes.

He really is the master of the pointless time out and absolutely trash drawn up play.

Incredibly overrated after being given an armchair ride by the Warriors last year.

Just watched the Yao Ming jersey retirement. My god that man was amazing.

This Cavs vs Wizards game has been entertaining.

Teams trading 3S in the last. LBJ is on fire!

And then he misses an open layup with 4 seconds left to give them the lead. Oh dear.

But nails a turn around 3 with the D all over him to force OT.

Mental!