NBA 2016/17 - Still waiting on Ben Simmons

Talk about rising from the Ashes.

Possibly a greater achievement than Leicester winning the Premier league.

The is a bigger upset than when Average Joes Gym knocked over the Purple Cobras.

3 Likes

Maybe the Warriors can pick up Anthony Davis next season, they might go back to back then.

As I said after Game 4 this will be refereed differently and I rest my case!

Cleveland couldn’t maintain game 4 standards

It was due to the most exceptional circumstances that they were able to get Durrant. With the new pay structure It enabled this to be a once in a lifetime transfer.

A lot of people wont be happy that the NBA will be a lopsdied competition for a few years to come!

Hope Deron Williams and Kyle Korver weren’t looking for big pay days, what a pair of stinkfests they were.

Also helped the Warriors that they face Blazers without their starting centre Nurkic, sweep. Face Jazz without their starting PG Hill, sweep. Get that big dopey moron to snipe Leonard and sweep Spurs as well. That San Antonio series would have been very different.

NBA fans are very whingey.

Well done dubs. A plan from off season to post season paid off.

3 Likes

The hot chips to salt ratio in this thread is way out of whack.

2 Likes

Congratulations to Wezz.

But.

Fark Durant and those Prima Donna Warriors.

2 Likes

People need to Patition CP3 to the Spurs

1 Like
1 Like

Nike marketing always on point.

https://twitter.com/Nike/status/874473491428392960

1 Like

I am happy for KD to win a chip. I felt far more resentment towards LBJ winning in Miami as it was contrived to get his mates to join him. Sure KD went to a side that was strong, but I am much more comfortable with it. I mean the rules of free agency allowing this to happen is more the issue than KD ending up at the Warriors. If you are a FA and you want to win, wouldn’t you go to the best side in your opinion?

Didn’t Kawhi sign with the Spurs as a FA? He is not as good as KD and the Spurs are not as good as the Dubs have been in the last couple of seasons but nobody got too upset about this as far as I can remember. The Spurs have been right up there. Would there have been the hate for Kawhi and the Spurs? I doubt it, not in here at the Spurs love in. I don’t mind the Spurs by the way, one of my brothers is a Spurs fan and I have a lot of respect for what they have achieved over the last decade or so.

I guess the haters are going to hate but geez this thread is so full of whinging it is ridiculous. The fact that KD got the MVP of the finals (didn’t he?) If he did not then he still played pretty well and I reckon he earned this chip. The fact is if KD joined anyone in here’s team and they won the title then they would all be happy, so suck it up.

1 Like

Pretty sure Kwahi got traded on draft night after Indiana picked him and Spurs put up
George hill as bait.

1 Like

Correction I am thinking of LMA. You could be right about Leonard. Easy mistake.

1 Like

I got no problems wih warriors fans, it’s great for them and they should celebrate as hard as, I flaming would be.

I couldnt stand Lebron going to Miami, and cheered gloriously for the Mavericks, Thunder and Spurs in all their finals.

Doesn’t alter the fact GSW are a bunch of ■■■■■ flogs.

1 Like

Yeah, Kawhi was drafted and developed. LMA went to San Antonio to be closer to his son (who lives with his mother, LMA is Texas born and bread) the KD thing is worse than Lebron, and I am no Lebron lover. Lebron leaving Cleveland was bad, he joined Wade, that’s all, it’s not like that Miami team had the best season of all time before Lebron got there, or had 3 all stars. That Miami team lost first round 4-1 to the celtics the year before LBJ got there, the good players followed, it would have been like Lebron left Cleveland to join the Celtics who had just bumped them out of the ECF to join, Pierce, Allen and KD. Which is probably the only concieveable thing he could have done that was worse than what he did.

KD took the cheap option. He ■■■■■■ his drafting franchise, just like But KD took the easiest option of all time, that Miami heat team at least had to build over 2 years

It would have been like Stockton leaving the Payton and Kemp leaving the sonics to join the bulls

1 Like

This is a great article on how checking your ego at the door can lead to greatness:

Man I must have REALLY hated Miami. Cleaning out some DVDs last night and found the Dallas Mavericks 2011 championships DVD.

1 Like