NBA 2016/17 - Still waiting on Ben Simmons

Philly loves a number one pick.

Well they don’t need a PG so it makes sense.

Wonder if Fultz would still go Number 1 if Phillie had the number one pick?

Makes sense why Fultz went and worked out for the Lakers the other day now.

With the way it looks like going at the moment, you’d only trade up to #1 if you wanted Fultz or Ball, and Phillies have diddly at PG

Be shocked if they didn’t take Fultz.

1 Like

What do Philly need? my thoughts were that they don’t need big men either.

Shooters

2 Likes

2x first rounders thanks…

It’s locked and loaded. Celts getting 3 high first round picks to move down 2 spots. Nice haul.
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/876267930572513282?s=09

Correction its just 2.

The LA 2018 is heavily protected and if not conveyed, becomes kings 2019.

I reckon the Celts didn’t want Fultz or Ball so they flipped the pick.

Stock piling to offer for Butler

Doubt it.

Rumour has it that they highly fancy Josh Jackson or Jayson Tatum who aren’t considered to be either of the top 2 picks this year despite having great potential at the 3 with Jackson being compared to Andrew Wiggins with a better touch.

The Lakers and Phillie on the other hand have a need for a dominant point where Boston already have one of the best in Thomas.

The top two picks are going to be Ball and Fultz.

So why not move down a few picks and get either of the two players that you really want and gain even more picks in the process? Just good business by Boston unfortunately to say.

Butler won’t leave Chicago.

1 Like

Paul George tells Indiana that he plans to leave for the Lakers after next season as a FA.

1 Like

Interesting development.

Will Indiana try and trade him to a contender, with the contender knowing it could very well just be a year rental?

After next season? Thought he’s a free agent this off season.

I can see this backfiring with the Lakers. We are turning into the Knicks of the 2000s by over paying players who were good to great at their best but are on the decline.
At least we aren’t trading away future draft picks.

Pg I think still has his best years ahead of him.

He forces their hand now, it’s either trade him to the lakers for what will probably be unders or try and get a contender to take him for a year rental, again probably for unders

Edit. Just saw they have reached out to the Cavs

He should go to GSW.

1 Like

He probably will, they will trade him for Matt Barnes

“I gotta do me” - PG3 probably.

Yup. Pacers will want to get value now. Lakers wont want to pay knowing they’ll get him for free in 2018. But the risk is that the Pacers trade him to a location and he decides to re-sign there instead of Lakers.

Can easily see us mortgaging our future again by shelling out future draft picks plus some other pieces (not that we have many due to all the talent we have we would want to keep).

It could be another Howard scenario but I wouldn’t mind since PG has been my favourite player in the league for years.

Would be massive if we could get him.

7 Likes