NBA 2016/17 - Still waiting on Ben Simmons

You bet they will…

And no club will want a ‘rent for a season’ player.

Some talk that the Lakers could trade #2 to the Kings for #5 and #10. I really have no idea about the depth of this draft, but that may not be bad should we not get that PG who apparently has a nutty father.

He will be the biggest hinderance to any franchise… would want to a do a clause where the dad has to shut his trap or GTFO out of the stadium.

He will be the coach behind the bench who reckons he can coach his son better than any NBA coach. I mean the bloke reckons his son will be better than Magic Johnson!

1 Like

I meant should we not get the PG that doesn’t have the nutty father.

I reckon if that happens then we’ll definately be trading for PG13.

Would be great if we could. This draft has a heap of PG’s who can go top 10. If we get picks 5 and 10 we could use 5 on Deearon Fox or Dennis Smith and send pick 10 and extras over to Indy for PG13.

Personally I think their is a significant drop off from Fultz/Ball to players like a Fox.

You just have to look at Ball’s stats and his highlights to see how good he is and how easily he will transition to the NBA. Fox on the other hand, can’t shoot and we already have enough players who can’t shoot the ball. (Fox can’t shoot the three well at all I should say, his floaters and mid-range game is decent.

The thing is that when this George thing leaked, all the leverage that the Pacers had just flew straight out the window so if I’m the Lakers, I would take my time with this because the fact that Indy are approaching the likes of the Cavs in order to try and get a trade done and the fact no one else is even really interested in trading for him, suggests to me that he has his heart set on returning home to LA and that almost all clubs know that, because the market for him is dead.

The Pacers have to weigh up to take a sub-par offer from the Lakers where they will most likely get an ordinary pick and some filler players OR they have him for next season and then let him walk for nothing next off-season.

The problem for the Pacers is after George leaves, they will have to rebuild and letting him leave for nothing doesn’t help that at all. Does keeping George for an extra season and having another post-season run and getting a very average draft pick at the end of it help them do this? Or would they rather bite the bullet and start the process now?

It’s going to be interesting how this plays out.

1 Like

Cavs have fired their GM Griffin and Assistant GM.
Crazy.

Lebron to fill the void.

3 Likes

I suppose that is what happens anytime LeBron makes it to the finals and doesn’t win a ring.

Personally I’d rather get a Tony Parker type player than a Westbrook type. Whilst Ball looks the goods, his old man has soured the taste on him.

His old man is par for the course unfortunately.

His sons ability and playing style suits the Lakers down to the ground though IMO.

I hope you go and have a look at balls mid range game or lack of it…it wont be so easy to dunk or shoot the 3 everytime he scores.

He actually shot over 55% from the floor so the midrange isn’t a problem.

He just exploits defences and doesn’t often resort to taking literally THE WORST SHOT IN BASKETBALL which is a mid-range jumpshot.

He likes to drive to the rim for a high percentage look or drain 3’s which he is just as good as Fultz is.

People just pick holes in his game and criticise him even more thoroughly because of his father but only time will tell. Lonzo’s scoring isn’t a problem from any part of the floor IMO.

The thing that gets me these days is the lack of players who are coming out of the draft that can’t shoot free throws. Both Fultz and Ball shot between 65-67% from the line in college and Ingram was the same last season. Seems to be a dying art form for some reason and yet so many teams lose tight games these days due to leaving points at the free throw line.

He’s the complete opposite of par for the course.

When in Rome…

Anybody know much of Terrance Ferguson?

Anyone who follows the nbl does, athletic skinny kid who spent half the season looking out of his depth, then the other half like he could be a beast in a few years

Ah see that is my problem I don’t follow the NBL anymore, CG2F’s about it unfortunately. That happens when they take your favourite team out of the comp. I have some empathy with Fitzroy’s disenchanted fans now. Melbourne is anything but united for me.

2 Likes

Starting to hate this league, it is now run by the superstars

oh so boring

I give you Dirk, the fact that he stood by and listened to Mark Cuban, is a feat.

Deserves much credit

I give a massive ‘get outta here’ for the other two.

Duncan and Kobe came into the league and started downing them like a bag of burger rings

Would be interesting if they went 6-7 years without a chip…