NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

I don’t see why not, I play Xbox every now and then with Dante Exum and I asked him how Ben was going and he said he loves it there. Given than and that the rookie contract is 3 and a team option and they can offer max after 3 he’d be silly to leave.

2 Likes

DROPPING BENBOMBS

I see Portland went 14mins without a field goal today…

Attempting and hitting those elbow jumpers was very promising. Will start opening up his drives even more if teams can’t sag off.

1 Like

Only just found out there is a suburb of Philly called Essington. Too good to be true.

6 Likes

Hopefully some light at the end of the tunnel for my long suffering Knicks. Porzingis has really stepped up, that’s 30+ from 5 of our first 6 games which has never been achieved by a Knicks player before

1 Like
2 Likes

Someone should tell @Alan_Noonan_10 that he is actually an Aussie

Getting rid of Melo has given KP more looks. He also works harder on defence as well. They just need to be patient and go through a few lotteries like Philly and get a good young core. Forget about signing pointless Free Agents.

Simmons and Embiid got some synergy going on there.

2 Likes

Did anyone honestly think that Simmons would be going this well this early in his career now that he is actually playing and not looking like he is injured?

2 Likes

KPs footwork down low is a thing of beauty

This is Bens world and we are just living in it.

His passing is what impresses me (yes I remember sexy highlights from LSU) - but he really allows the court to open up and he is developing as a great 1-2 combo with the process.

The Rockets had nothing when both Ben and Joel went into the paint, made them look small - all they could do was throw up 3’s all game.

What an impressive road trip so far.

I really hope Ben is on the front page of every sports section.

An Australian could very well be the best player in the world in 24 months time, in the biggest international sport and league (yes get fucked round ball football)

AND HE IS COACHED BY AN AUSTRALIA. There should be a live feed to Australia.

WHEN DO WE CALL A PUBLIC HOLIDAY AFTER HIM

1 Like

A public holiday isn’t sufficient. I hereby declare that the third day of each week shall henceforth be known as “Bensday”.

4 Likes

Better and on each third day (trimester)

He hence forth presented with a personally signed number 5 from Mr J Hird

This kid will be the best Australian basketballer.
Very impressive in early games, highlights reel looks good.

Aussie broadcasters should put his games on free to air.

Yep, first field goal of the quarter five seconds before the end. Horrendous.

Ben Simmons is quickly becoming the best athlete Australia has produced. When you look at his stats, what is not often talked about is that the Sixers easily have the hardest draw for October to begin the year

Wizards away
Boston home
Raptors away
Detroit away
Houston home
Mavericks away
Houston away

So Ben’s stats are even more remarkable given the high quality opponents and only 2 home games out of 7. I always thought if Sixers can hold it together the first 10-15 games they will likely play playoffs. Winning 3 of the last 4 helps(without Fultz or Reddick last 2)…and now two home games coming up against Atlanta and Indiana.

New ruckman

5 Likes

But is he Australian?

Jk

1 Like