NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

The only thing is if a “salary dump” trade can be done and that team that takes Melo and his $26M gets draft picks, etc as well. OKCs owner will gladly ship him off for that reason, apparently when luxury tax is factored into it his contract will cost them $100M. A contending team would have no use for a declining player who as you say plays no D and his now inefficient from the field.

A great summary of how Melo’s contract could impact OKC this season and the ensuing years. For a reasonably small market team, the implications could be massive. They need to find a destination for him and get his pay off the books, or as explained, stretch his deal out over multiple seasons.

Some guy scored 40 for Philly
Fair effort for summer league.

What’s the go with this summer league?

Seems to be all the NBA teams. I struggle to understand how this can be more popular than the middle of a real baseball season.

ESPN showing summer basketball and World Series of Poker instead of MLB Strike Zone.

It’s their pre-season.

The first week or so has a good bit of buzz, with the newbies. After that no-one really cares.

Didn’t the season finish only two or three weeks ago?

And these are practice matches…not running around Princes Park and up sand dunes at Portsea.

About a month ago? Season proper runs from October ish.

Their pre season comp I should’ve said. Like the Wizard home loans cup.

Their Wizard Home Loans Cup begins later on.

This is something completely different. Only new rookies and some 2nd year players play this comp.
I never knew of its existence until Ben Simmons was playing in it.

1 Like

Turkish guy they drafted in 2016 (first round) and stashed in the Euroleague.
Jonah Bolden didn’t play.

I guess that is going to make up for some scoring they lost in free agency

:open_mouth:

It’s like NBA nab cup, but it’s pretty much exclusively 1st to 3rd year players and hopefully

It’s super popular I think because it’s half way between collage and Nba

He did, they just ■■■■■■ up the box score becaus he wore 36 instead of 43

2 Likes

Thanks. They’ve fixed it now. 6 points (2/6 shooting), 6 rebounds in 23 minutes.

I would watch paint dry before I watched baseball. Needless to say I would be watching this Summer League instead of baseball if I had the choice. Might have a tough decision if I had to watch either poker league or baseball, I would probably have to request a time extension to decide.

Basketball is a long way down my list…as is tennis.

I like both, you guys are just cranky old kents

3 Likes

I’m also loving the poker. Big fan.

So for someone who doesn’t know much about Summer League. What does a performance like that mean. Does it translate or could we never hear his name again?

summer league really means nothing. It’s for guys fighting over the last few roster spots. Sometimes you see rookies perform well over expectation and carry over into the season.
Sometimes you see the top tier rookies going at half pace because they know they’re better than most on the court.
Not unexpected when they’re learning new systems and have pro weight routines. I remember Steph shot poorly in his first SL.

1 Like