NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Saw someone starting a big baller brand jumper in Frankston. Seemed to wear it without a hint of irony

2 Likes

Liz Cambage set a WNBA scoring record with 53 points for the Wings against NY. She also had 10 rebounds and 5 blocks.
You reckon sheā€™ll get a congratulatory tweet from her bestie, Bogut?

6 Likes

Yes I do. I think he was part of a twitter campaign to get her into the All Star Game so maybe things have thawed between them?

1 Like

Looks like the Raptors are going to land Kawhi for a package including DeRozan.

DUMB.

Neither player is happy about it apparently and looks mightily stupid on behalf of the Raptors who would only be contending if they kept DeRozan and landed Kawhi along with Lowry.

1 Like

Seems expensive for a 1 year rental.

Kawhi & Pau for DeRozan, Poeltl and a 2019 1st if the stories are right.

Leonardā€™s a pretty solid upgrade on DeRozan
And younger I think

If you can, you do it for mine.

Not so bad.
That 1st round pick will be somewhere in the 20s.

I agree he is a an upgrade on DeRozan.

I just donā€™t see the point in trading an All-Star caliber player who is loyal to your team and is contracted with them for 3 more years, for a guy who could be better but has already expressed to multiple teams that if they trade for him that he will only play there for one season and that he wants to live in his hometown of LA.

This isnā€™t PG13 going to OKC.

You are literally moving an asset as far away from his desired destination as possible by putting him in Canada which is only going to ā– ā– ā– ā–  him off even more and giving up a high quality player in return who actually wants to play for your franchise.

Just strikes me as stupid business but hey, Iā€™ve definitely been wrong before on a lot of things.

4 Likes

All hinges on whether they think they can keep him.
If they get 5 years out of Kawhi, good darts.
If he heads home in 2019, not so good.

1 Like

Iā€™d have thought the probability of keeping him beyond 1 year was very low.
Hell, thereā€™s no guarantees heā€™ll even front, given he just sat out a year at the Spurs.

No one would go Kahwai without a guarentee he will entertain an extension or signing beyond the 1 year.

Even Boston wouldnā€™t part with any of their best 5 players (Tatum, Irving, Howard, Brown and Tatum). Horford is pushing it, but he is a core asset that isnā€™t guarenteed a contract once his current one is up.

Heā€™s made it blatantly clear heā€™s going to LA after this year. And itā€™s reported heā€™s not happy with the trade to the Raptors.

ā€œLeonard is scheduled to enter free agency in 2019 and has no desire to play for Toronto, league sources said. DeRozan also has expressed displeasure toward a possible move, becoming aware of the possibility late Tuesday night, league sources saidā€

Could be posturing from SAS.

He did his dash by demanding to be traded to LA or leave after the year. San Antonio owe him SFA (and so they shouldnā€™t as they are an organisation who need to worry about themselves first). Bring on the butt hurt I say as San Antonio refuse to trade with any competitor in the same conference LMAO.

Heā€™s gunna end up at the Clippers and heā€™s gunna LIKE IT

3 Likes

Hope so!

1 Like

I donā€™t begrudge the Spurs for trading him elsewhere. I just wonder about the logic of the Raptors trading away DeRozan, and a first round pick for a 1 year rental.

3 Likes

Maybe Toronto can get a better deal with the Lakers.
I doubt theyā€™d take Lonzo, but maybe they can get a decent deal done around Ingram.

They think they can sell him Toronto as a new home and offer him a 190mill 4 year extension after this year. Itā€™s ludicrous and stupid as no one wants to play in Toronto. They are a rabble if this falls apart.

DeRozan will have a big chip on their shoulder and SA will be genuis.

Supposedly Philly refused to talk any of Embiid/Fultz/Simmons and Boston were only offering a pick heavy deal but they (SA) wanted a gun kid back.

Boston (if you believe the reports) went to Spurs and offered up Kyrie for Kawhi straight swap. Because they knew that Kyrie was looking at possibly playing in New York once his deal expires. At that point it wasnā€™t established that Kawhi was only interested in LA and that he would not re-sign with the team he is being dealt to if not one of the LA teams. They were still interested given both are pretty much 1-year rentals, but now Iā€™m thinking we will hold onto Kyrie.

I too donā€™t get what Toronto is doing. Itā€™s hard enough to get guys who actually want to play in Canada. You donā€™t deal one out of the guy you bring in is zero chance of staying.

1 Like