NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Yeh, but where ever he goes from there, or whoever picks him up, he’ll whinge about being a starter.

1 Like

I reckon every chance the Lakers pick him up on Vet’s min.

I’d say the Rockets.

2 Likes

Yep, fair chance of that too.

Lakers won’t bother with Anthony.

Between Kuzma, Lebron, Ingram, Svi and Wagner, they have their forward spots pretty much set.
Another centre should be the priority. Don’t trust McGee and Zubac yet.

Just wait until he has a chat to his accountant.

Knocking back a supermax, in Texas with no state taxes - moving to Canadian taxes

:flushed::flushed::flushed:

That is some eye-watering numbers

Yep, he has lost an incredible amount of money, no matter what happens from here, figuring in taxes it’s 100 million over the next 5 years

His uncle is one of the biggest idiots alive, a player like Kawhi doesn’t make that sort of money back in endorsements

He’s got the personality of a potato chip, but he seems like the kind of left of centre guy that it wouldn’t worry him too much. This FA/trade period is probably the most interesting I’ve seen. Or maybe it’s because I was unemployed during the entire play-offs and I watched more ball than I ever did before who knows. Been seeing some commentary that some actually rate what Toronto did. They are pretty much having a crack at it with Kawhi this year knowing he will leave in 2019 FA. They cleared DeRozan’s 3 year/$80 Mill off the payroll, and have some more expiring deals to really clear the decks. Pretty sure Lowry is another with 1-2 years left, so they can completely reboot and build with young players.

That was yesterday.
Today: Kawhi’s camp now leaking that “he’s warming to the idea of playing in Toronto” now the trade has been finalized and he can’t sabotage it

Lol as @benfti has suggested from day 1

His camp are idiots

2 Likes

He can’t really say no. Its play and make LA know he still wants there or cry like a baby and get fined every game and prac he misses up to his 21 mill he has on his contract.

Apparently he could turn down a medical which would void the trade but the Raptors could then turn around and say that they don’t need a medical and get him anyway.

1 Like

The medical will be waived regardless.
The Raptors will deal directly with the Lakers and get a trade done.

San Antonio asked for too much in their discussions with the Lakers. Here’s LA’s chance to get a more reasonable trade done.

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought of that!
When could a trade be done with the Lakers?

I think the Raptors cannot trade him for another 30 days. They can then trade him anytime between then and the trade deadline in February next year.

The Lakers might be able to cash in on Josh Hart’s summer league form. I’d say an Ingram, Josh Hart and a draft pick will do it.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Kuzma, Lonzo, Josh Hart and a draft pick.

2 Likes

Man oh man I hope he gets Chris Pauled, and ends up getting to LA… Clippers.

So so so much.

He won’t be Chris Pauled. That was the one time I can recall the NBA stepping in because they had part ownership in New Orleans. That’s not the case with the Clippers.

He also doesn’t want to go to the Clippers.
Has stated he wants to go to an organisation that can win in L.A.
At this point in time, that’s the Lakers.

Having said that, I wouldn’t put it past Jerry West to get another star at the Clippers and make it a more tempting for Kawhi.

If Toronto want to get max value from a Kawhi trade, they’ll try and get them both to bid for him. That’s why it’s in the Lakers interest to try and get a trade done sooner when the Clippers don’t have any leverage.
It would be embarrassing for the Lakers if they could get Lebron, but failed to team him up with either Paul George or Kawhi, let alone that they both chose OKC and the Clippers over them.

2 Likes

This is done, with Muscala on traded to the 76ers.

If you’re the Lakers, you are in win now mode with LeBron. LeBron and Kawhi is the best duo they can hope for, and then you want one of your youngsters to become a complimentary star. Kuzma to me looks the most likely, but any trade involving acquiring Kawhi would most likely include him in the package. If they can get him in without dealing KK that is a win to the Lakers. Toronto at this stage are intending to keep Leonard and see what they can do. He is a definite upgrade on DeRozan, Green comes in as well as an experienced playoff player and a good defender. That should improve a 59-win, #1 seed from the East last year and provide very stiff competition with Boston and Philly. Unless he checks out, downs tools and becomes a lockeroom cancer he’s staying in Canada for the year…