NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Curry was off the charts today.

Couldn’t miss.

You can enjoy both.

Watching those Curry highlights aren’t boring. Not many can shoot a high percentage like he does with such high volume with the defence he gets.

Impressive stuff

2 Likes

Rockets now offering 4 first round picks for Jimmy butler. Wow.

1 Like

Crazy for a 29yr old

This sort of offer is the reason the AFL don’t allow trades years in the future…
The 4 picks needs to be 2 years apart so the last pick will be in 7 seasons time when Houston will have none of their current players and their GM is long gone.

It could end up being the new Garnett/Pierce deal that completely hamstrung the New Jersey/Brooklyn Nets and kick-started the Celtics rebuild. Smacks of desperation by Houston. How would the pieces fit though? CP3 and Harden in the back court already, does Butler play the 3? He’s not really a wing forward. Would CP3 be relegated to a 6th man role? Highly doubtful…

1 Like

My issue with Curry, after 20 years of coaching, and I fully accept this just me, is he takes shots I would bench my players for taking.

He hits them, which is amazing. But every kid takes bullshit contested jumpers contested from 2 meters behind the 3 point line because of him.

The rise of Steph is a junior coaches nightmare.

5 Likes

Boston win away at OKC. Westbrook 5/20 FG.

1 Like

Just coach better. Easy.

Agree he is not textbook at all. Some of his shots for anyone else are so low percentage that I agree you would bench them.

However the fact he regularly hits them is what makes him so entertaining and basically unstoppable when on fire.

1 Like

But is the “Rise of Steph Curry” also a contributing factor in these kids wanting to play in the first place?

2 Likes

Nah, that’s LeBron, the whe they realise they are not once in a generation athletes, they start putting up ridiculous shots

Yeh, nah.
Curry is much more normal than Lebron and normal size kids feel they have a chance.
Do they take more outside shots, hell yeh. But I tell you what, when I was a kid nobody attempted 3 pointers.
I my last son’s game (he’s not quite 12), his team hit 3 pointers in a row.
I don’t mind them having a fang from outside. As long as it’s a good shot. ie nobody in their faces, they are set and steady (no shots on the run). Dumb shots and they are dragged.

1 Like

MORRIS with the big 3. Celtics comeback

See I’m getting kids 16-17 who are 6-6 to -6-8 who can hit a step back but don’t have any footwork and have nice cross overs, but can’t do a drop step or know now to pivot in the post. I coach at the state league level, and it’s a problem. I saw it when I was coaching in the Waratah league in NSW, and it’s the same in the QBL

It’s a damn shame

Low post game is dying in the NBA.

Check out the shot chart from the Jazz against the Dubs a week ago.

Warriors with a much more active midrange game than the jazz.

Spurs had the highest rating in post up frequency last year at 12% (LaMarcus would have been the majority here)

It’s just not the game anymore

1 Like

Things change.

Here’s Tom with the weather.

1 Like

I know that, I just don’t find jacking 3’s as interesting as post play.

But I grew up watching Duncan and Robinson, and to a lesser extent Olajuwon.

It’s why Embiid is my favourite player to watch in the nba right now.

It’s not the game right now, but hypothetically if the 6ers where to win a title with their 2 best players doing their best work 10 feet from the basket, it could be the game again.

4 Likes