NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Bring Reddick back in the starting line-up to get some spacing or start rookie Shamet who looks far more composed.

Leonard isnā€™t even playing. Yikes!

Yep.

Iā€™ve just not seen a team flat out just refuse to play defence before.

Over the past few years the Lakers have had some god awful teams grace the court but one thing they always did was put in some effort.

I wish I could say the same about this team.

Booker!!!
We are a different team when he plays.

1 Like

5 Likes

Small ball doesnā€™t work unless you have at least 3 players who can defend very well. Thatā€™s how Golden State get away with it. Iggie, KD, Draymond and Klay are amazing defenders. Stef is just there to help out.

The Lakers only have McGee. And thatā€™s it. Lonzo is okay. Lebron is more of a weak side defender.
Against Toronto, Ibaka and Valancunas totally overpowered McGee. Siakam was just the cherry on the sundae. There was just no way fo stopping them. Against the Spurs, Aldridge smashed us. Against Minnesota, it was KAT.
Teams with dominant power forwards and half decent centres are going to have a field day against the Lakers. Even with Chandler.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s much that can be done. The best 5 to have on the court at once are Lonzo, Hart, Kuzma, Lebron and McGee. Try to squeeze Ingram in there and you either lose McGeeā€™s defence or Kuzmaā€™s offence. Either way, itā€™s not a defensive team.

I think one of Kuzma or Ingram needs to be traded.

1 Like

I hadnā€™t seen much of the Raptors so far this year but had heard how good that they were and seen some highlights.

One thing that stood out to me was Siakam as the primary ball handler on offence. I was really impressed with him and thought his ball handling was a standout and we just had no idea what to do on defence when he had the ball.

Siakam is great, very versatile. Put him or Ibaka in a small ball lineup and youā€™ve still got a bit of outside shooting without a loss on defence.

Very impressed with how quickly the Raptors have gelled.

1 Like

I am here for when Lebron fires Luke and installs Tyronn

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I want his game to fall to bits, get forced out of the NBA and have to look for a new profession.

3 Likes

ā€œHi! Iā€™m your new coach!ā€

Yeah! Cause he loses all his other skills if he shoots from beyond 10ft :roll_eyes:

At some point heā€™s going to have to start making jump shots.

Can he get us an Olympic medal first?

Jazz are stinky.

1 Like

Yeah a far cry from how good they were last year.

Happy Miami got a win today. Josh Richardson has developed into a real well rounded player.
Winslow still as unpredictable as ever and shoots way too many air balls. Wonder when Waiters and JJ will return to complete the lineup.

1 Like

@rylandoz ā– ā– ā–  that Miami vice court

1 Like

ā– ā– ā–  is censored?

edit: what about zomg?

Do I need to visit OPSM?

2 Likes

I canā€™t wait until LeBron retires and installs himself as a coach of a team

ā€¦ only to realize that coaching without LeBron in your team is actually quite hard

1 Like

They have drafted very well!
What they have done with their picks in the 20s puts the Suns lottery picks to shame.
If Nets had 2 lottery picks in the last few years they would be top 4 in the East.