NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

i think its only a matter of time until another Jimmy Butler implosion.

also really glad miami hasn’t traded J richardson for him.

If they’re sure he’ll re-sign, I think it’s a good deal.

Yeah, apparently Butler already told them he would

Yep.

He’s a solid level or two above Saric and Covington

Clearly wasn’t getting along with KAT etc

1 Like

I think Jimmy is the wrong type of player for the 76ers. Jimmy needs the ball in his hand like Ben and Joel does.

Good news is that Bolden should get in the rotation now.

4 Likes

If anything this trade has probably made them worse with outside shooting as Covington and Saric can hit 3s. Redick must be a starter now ahead of Fultz, probably should be regardless. Can’t have a back court that can’t hit shots, or worse doesn’t even attempt them. I’d have thought Kyle Korver would be a handy player to get in. Cavs are going to be in the lottery, he serves no purpose on that roster and he could come on off the bench and help space the floor…

2 Likes

Nah it’s good. He can be running the 2nd rotation. Considering how much he doesn’t want to play 40 minutes.

He played some solid minutes yesterday against the Hornets

1 Like

Bucks fightback against the Clippers and it’s going to OT

Man I just read the transcript of Butler’s most recent interview

The guy sounds like a total locker room cancer

had a fair ■■■■■■■ sook about it too.

Too many egos in the Philly lockeroom IMO.

Imagine the bullying Fultz is going to cop from Butler.

1 Like

To be fair, I would be bullying Fultz too with that jump shot of his.

1 Like

Must have missed that

JJ Redick 15 points 3/3 3PT. He simply must start if Philly are to go anywhere. Play Fultz off the bench…

If Philly don’t improve and become what they hope to become, what are the chances that Simmons and/or Joel look elsewhere? Could one. or both, look to hook up with LBJ out West? We know the Lakers are desperate for success and will move heaven and earth.

The thing with Butler is, was he a “cancer” whilst he was in Chicago?

All I remember is him saying that he wanted to stay and didn’t want to go anywhere else and loved the organisation and then they shipped him on draft night to a team he obviously didn’t want to play for.

Regardless.

On paper with Butler, Simmons & Embiid in their starting lineup, the 6ers should be challenging for the East now.

1 Like

Does he help the 76ers with their spacing?
I think they need some better perimeter shooting to open things up a bit.

2 Likes

Short answer, no he doesn’t. 37% 3PT shooter this season which is marginally better than Covington or Saric, but it’s not like they traded for Steph or Joe Ingles. They need to start Redick and try and trade for another outside shooter who can come on in the second unit. Why they didn’t keep one of Belinelli or Ilyasova is a mystery…

2 Likes