NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

How big a fine is simmons gonna cop for trashing the one and done?

Yeah he didnā€™t like the NCAA experience at all!

no assists or rebounds for q4 so he missed. had 8-8-8 in the 3rd. Looks like finishing with 10-8-8

Its stupid for the talents that are all but there, only thing that couldā€™ve stopped him would be a career ending injury. but for players that are fringe, say 2nd round onward prospects it could be useful. that being said, all they learn in the way of potential vocations they could be doing whilst being bench players on teams, like in the afl.

Ben is really good friends with Christian Petraca, it would have been hard for him to see mates, like Dante and CP go straight to pro from high school and he had to go through 7 months of place holding in collage for no reason other than a stupid rule.

Not really a tough call, I mean Markannen/Mitchell/Collins/Kuzma/Fox all look really good but watching Tatum he is just more NBA ready than these guysā€¦ to do what heā€™s been doing at 19 is pretty crazy.
You are right that we have to wait for Fultz but so far Tatum is looking like the #1 off the sample we have.

Read a pretty interesting theory about the main demographics of people who do make money off NCAA sport, vs those who donā€™t.

heā€™s a walking highlight reel

3 Likes

SOme of the stuff heā€™s done this year, compared to his college highlights - itā€™s like he just flicked a switch. Did he make a bet he could dunk on absolutely everyone?

I read somewhere that he sandbagged the hell out of his college year because as above he reckoned it was the most pointless year of his life.

hes getting better!

So good.
That dunk does make me think about his dominant hand though. If he really was a natural lefty, why the need to switch right. Itā€™s so very strange.

Lots of people think heā€™s a righty, but too stubborn to realise it.

He is now above 70% for the season from the line shooting left, but maybe he doesnā€™t have one?

1 Like

Hope he plays. Missed him in Orlando :frowning:

Got some nice dunks and a sweet alley pop from Aaron Gordon though.

Bball breakdown just dropped a vid for Ben

1 Like

Imagine if he was also Australian.

3 Likes

Or a bombers supporter

3 Likes

Yeah, well, thatā€™s pretty unlikely on either count.

1 Like

Celtics cant be stopped!