NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

I think it’s impossible to compare the two. Both are quite brilliant at what they do.
Doncic is more of a traditional basketballer, while Simmons really quite something else.
I still can’t believe Doncic fell to 5th pick. IMO he was clearly the best player available in the draft last year.
I know that teams also looked at needs, but 5th? What were they thinking?

Yep.
to get through to 3 was mental. Then the trade away was just WTF.

1 Like

If I’m the Suns, i’m still picking Ayton at #1.

But Doncic should have been 2.

3 Likes

Doncic is Larry Bird 2.0. Looks unathletic, is slow, couldn’t jump over a jam tin, but his court awareness and basketball IQ is out of this world. The reason he fell through to Pick 3 was because he’s European, despite having possibly the best CV of any European player to play in the NBA, certainly for a teenager. He’s brilliant!

3 Likes

Melbourne-raised swingman Deng Adel, 22, has earned a call-up to the NBA with the Cleveland Cavaliers signing him on a two-way deal.

The Cavaliers can move him between their NBA roster and their G-League affiliates Canton Charge.

Fellow Aussies Mitch Creek (Long Island Nets) and Isaac Humphries (Erie BayHawks) are also on G-League rosters and hoping to earn NBA 10-day deals in the coming weeks as teams begin trying out players.

We’ll have the tallest national team in the world in a few years.

2 Likes

He’s faster than he looks. A very ungainly shuffly run, but he gets going.

Harden with 36 points in the first half vs. Memphis but for some reason I don’t enjoy watching him?

2 Likes

Still can’t believe that the Hawks effectively traded Doncic for Trae Young.

I know the Hawks got Dallas’s first pick this year but still.

Doncic is going to be REALLY special.

1 Like

Celtics go down to the Nets.
But Baynes will be reevaluated this week.

4 Likes

Why he is awesome to watch. I have seen him live and his movement and speed is amazing. Its like other players are in slow motion.

It’s amazing all the things you can do when you travel.

1 Like

Haha. Similar to how its amazing how good your crossover can be if you carry the ball aka Allan Iverson.

Suns did the right thing in taking Ayton.
They have enough smalls and needed a tall.

Ayton’s stats are very underrated. If we weren’t in a 3 point centric league, he’d be more appreciated.

2 Likes

Being a long suffering Knicks fan I am impressed with how Knox is going.

Obviously not in the top 3 discussion but he is improving every game.

2 Likes

I’m in!

1 Like

I think Simmons will be very very very good, probably be the top PG in the league at one point, and probably a multiple all star.
And I think Doncic will be better than that.

Reggie Miller was a fkg good player. But Jordan was better. ■■■■ happens.

1 Like

I really like Doncic but that is a serious overrating.

I’m not saying Doncic is Jordan

Just that sometimes, being very very good, without being the best, is OK in it’s own right.

1 Like