NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

3 Likes

iā€™ve given up watching my knicks since kanter was removed as starting centre, knox doing well eh?

What about Burke and Triere?

Iā€™m in the minority, but I think Simmons is one of the most under rated players in the league, with vast majority of pundits completely blinded by his lack of a jump shot to the point that they are missing a genuine hall of famer in the making

He is putting up BETTER numbers than Magic Johnson did in his first two seasons.

Think about that.

6 Likes

In other news, Deng Adel has signed a 2 way contract with the Cavs, assuming he suits up, he will be the 10th Aussie to play in the NBA this year.

1 Like

I canā€™t understand whatā€™s happening with kanter.

He was the only thing worth watching last season and now he is lucky to get a run off the bench.

Trier has been good and Mudiay has been respectable.

I donā€™t know how but they should move Hardaway Jr on. Heā€™s a high volume shooter that canā€™t hit the side of a barn.

2 Likes

Simmons having an amazing month. Today 20-11-9 on the third.

2 Likes

Ben is playing great. As for the Ben v Luka thing, I canā€™t make a definitive call one way or the other but I think Ben has more to work on to round his game than Luka, which is a scary prospect if he can add a jump shot and improve that FT percentage. Could easily average a 20+ ppg triple doubleā€¦

4 Likes

You can see Benā€™s confidence growing with his shooting.

He is hitting FT and is adding the fade away jumper to his arsenal.
Ben can potentially get close to what Luka can do but Luka canā€™t get anywhere near what makes Ben good.

Ben will be Lebron like is a few years.

3 Likes

Bolden needs more minutes. Also needs less fouls

3 Likes

Golden state put 51 up against Denver in the first qtr :flushed:

Meanwhile:
Bulls 43 - Lakers 44
At half time

Lakers offense has been spluttering without LeBron, not surprisinglyā€¦

Jeebus Philly 149 - 107

If Reddick has one of his good days Phillys best is better than golden state imo. Adding the threat of Jimmy Butler who can make his own shot and is deadly left open was the missing ingredient. Thereā€™s so many ways philly can sting you offensively, hopefully they can push deep into the playoffs

1 Like

Butler for Covington and Saric not looking such a bad deal for Philly now :wink:

Jonah bolden 16 mins
4/5 3pt
4 rebounds
6 PF

:smiley:

2 Likes

Philly needed some bench depth especially after that Butler trade and losing Saric and Covington. I like Shamet and Korkmas as well.

1 Like

Ben Simmons is averaging 19.7/10.3/9.4 the last month, I reckon he can average a triple double really soon

2 Likes

His scoring has definitely been a focus. Looks much better.

Nope nope nope nope nope

Golden State are 15 points better than anyone else when they turn up and they havenā€™t even added boogie yet

1 Like