NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

I don’t know if Philly are going to find the chemistry they need with that three. I want to believe but something just looks to be missing. I’m not convinced and hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

Philly should just surround the big 3 with all the other Aussies; Paddy, Jingles, Baynes, Dante and all the sudo-aussies.

They may not win, but it’ll help our Olympic chances.

2 Likes

Jingles would be an amazing fit for that squad.

2 Likes

So would Patty

Would be perfect

Woj Podcast with Jingles

1 Like

Kyrie beast mode torching the Raptors in the last quarter

27 and 18. Clearly it’s got to a point where Kyrie simply has to put this team on his back. I thought we turned the corner after the win v Indiana but then dropped 3 in a row on the road to fairly mediocre opponents. Sometimes motivation seems to be lacking, we’ve beaten Toronto twice at TD Garden, so we are good enough to beat the best, but we’ve lost to Phoenix and New York at home among other upset losses this season.

Looks like a cracking game at Oracle. Steph just put a lazy 6/6 3s down in the space of 4 mins to bring the Dubs back into it.

When your $2 for a 3k return, 10 leg multi fails by 2.5 points :face_vomiting:

That end of reg in the the Nets vs Harden game was crazy

Lakers really taking it up to OKC on the road. Kuzma 27 points, 7/11 3PT.

Lakers won in OT. Kuzma 32, Zubac had a big night as well. The young players did well down the stretch.

The young Lakers were great!

As any young team they seem to struggle with expectation and play to the level of the opposition.
There’s also a difference in how teams come up against LA this year in comparison to last year. Opposition took LA lightly last year but this year every game has greater intensity.

It’s also handy when you hit your 3s and make your free throws. OKCs 3 point shooting was fine but their free throw shooting was terrible.

Still a lot of turnovers for LA though.

1 Like

But but but they’re the worst team in the history of sports. (At 25-21 in a rebuilding year with the franchise player out injured)

I’m almost starting to wonder if Blummers and BK exaggerate things a little.

4 Likes

I thought with Lebron we’d be 7th or 8th so if we’re there abouts when he’s back, I don’t have an issue.
Having said that, we’ve had a pretty easy draw so it’s only going to get tougher.
I questioned their lack of 3 point shooting and it does trouble them from game to game.
I thought their defence was terrible. But they’ve been great since Chandler came. It’s actually the one positive I’ve found while Lebron has been out. Defensively, we’ve kept scores down.

I’m not a fan of Ingram. I just don’t see him ever being an All Star. Even his decent month last year didn’t do much for me. He’s trade bait.
I didn’t think Lonzo was going to be any better than Ricky Rubio. He’s exceeded my expectations but the roller coaster ride is going to be frustrating. His stats mimic Jason Kidd in his early years, but his play is nowhere near that. He’s much better from 3, but he’s still streaky. And come playoff time, his free throw percentage is going to restrict his game time in the 4th quarters. His free throw shooting makes Shaq look like Larry Bird.
Kuzma has surprised me. I was sceptical of the second year blues coming into this season and he’s been nothing short of brilliant. He fits in perfectly with Lebron.
Josh Hart is a bit of a roller coaster. His summer league was good but he hasn’t shown consistency. Still e worth perservering with ahead of KCP.
I’m still a Svi fan. He’s very raw defensively but I can see him being a Kyle Korver like scorer in this league.

The rest of the players are either on 1 year rentals or yet to show much so not worth mentioning.

I really don’t have a strong opinion on Walton. I think he’s safe for this year. His criticism will come once the team is better set next year.
This year is a gap year. Whatever we get is just a bonus. I’m waiting on what we get next year. Whether it is AD, Kawhi, Kyrie or someone else.

I don’t think I’ve exaggerated too much. At least not as much as BK has.

1 Like

15m total, fouled out, 14 points 6 rebounds.

That Warriors team is the best ever assembled

What a roster

Great last Qtr.

Westbrook is the floggiest flog.

2 Likes