NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

If PG had’ve joined the Lakers and produced what he’s doing at OKC they’d be clear 2nd in the West with all those young guys still on the squad because he was a Free Agent, so no need to trade anything. Then, if you still wanted to get Davis you could and a Big 3 of LBJ, PG and AD. Man that’s stacked and would push GSW all the way.

I think you can still get a decent 3rd option in FA even if you get AD.

I don’t reckon anyone gets close to pushing the dubs.

They’ve somehow convinced Curry, Klay, KD, Green and Boogie to share the play. In any other team there wouldn’t be enough balls for those five guys, even on the practice court.

Then Iggy comes off the bench and Looney, Cook and Livingston play handy minutes.

They had one tiny weakness in their squad which was the lack of a genuine big to defend and score in the post. They solved that with Cousins.

Injuries aside they could easily go 16-0 or 16-1 this year.

1 Like

Boogie won’t be at GSW next year. So next year when the Lakers start the season with Lebron, AD and add another FA over the summer the they’ll be able to challenge.

1 Like

It’s very extreme wishful thinking, but it’ll be great if Kyrie ended up at the Lakers.
He’d have to forgo $40-50mil though.

Anyway…
Back to reality…
Lebronless Lakers versus 76ers tomorrow.

You all know what’s going to happen. The Lakers, the Knicks and the Celtics are going to fight it out for the next six months and then the Hornets will inexplicably trade AD to the warriors for Green and a D-League player

2 Likes

I wont complain about that!:smiley:

I think he meant Pelicans.
Worst team sports name ever.

I think it’s brilliant! They’re my 2nd team, or more to the point one I hope does well. I thought they were good things last year with AD, Boogie and a rejuvenated Rondo running the offence. They played some great basketball to wipe the Blazers in the first round. Unfortunately for them being a small market team makes it hard to attract players even if they have a top 5 player. Now we see how hard it is to retain said superstar. He’s given good service to the New Orleans franchise, been fairly loyal and probably stayed longer than most anticipated. But you can understand him wanting to move. It’s his only chance on winning because it won’t ever happen in the Big Easy…

1 Like

As an nba fan of the 80s that one always stuffs me :smiley:

Charlotte Hornets
New Orleans Hornets
Charlotte Bobcats
New Orleans Pelicans
Charlotte Hornets

Make up your ■■■■■■■ minds

2 Likes

Then of course he will go to a good team with good players and be accused of being the new KD taking the easy path to success?

He’s not joining a 73-win team. Davis will never ever win anything at New Orleans. It’s not as if Durant didn’t have anybody else with him at OKC. KD made the weakest move by a superstar in the history of the NBA. Just piggybacking off an already successful team…

1 Like

Seriously who cares, as if you would not do the exact same thing. By your logic Durant’s thinking should be “oh I will not join this great team that wants me and can afford to pay me because I will be perceived as weak and taking the easy option. So I had better play somewhere else where I have less chance of success”.

Please

6 Likes

Woj reporting that if the Warriors dont max him, Klay is interested in the Lakers too (hardly a shock though)

Is he worth a max contract? Great shooter and when he’s on he’s unstoppable, but this season he’s been below par. Having said that he’d be the ideal teammate for LeBron, catch-and-shoot from behind the arc. LBJ, AD and Klay is a great Big 3. If Magic can pull it off…

They’ll max out Klay. They move into the new arena next year and apparently they’ve been able get major $$$ influx for their corporates from Silicone Valley.
It’s enough to cover luxury tax for being over the salary cap.
I also think KD will stay at GSW as well.

The ‘Swindle God’, Bob Myers has some tough work again. I dont think I’d be maxxing out Klay and definitely not Draymond, despite them both wanting it.

Pelicans, minus AD, beat the Rockets in Houston. Jahlil Okafor with 25 points. I remember seeing him in his draft year and thinking he would be a great PF in the NBA, nice footwork, post moves, but it didn’t work for him in Philly. With AD gone within the next 6 months maybe he can be a go-to guy for New Orleans?

1 Like

I’d laugh if the Warriors lost DG and KT and then picked up AD, just imagine the melts

:snake: is leaving, so I doubt both Klay and Draymond would…

Ingram drops 36 on Philly in a home loss. Might’ve made himself a more attractive trade piece to New Orleans?

1 Like