NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Only if Silvagni is in charge of recruiting

I reckon the best trade (taking off my Australian hat) would be:

AD to Boston
Kyrie to 76ers
Simmons, Fultz, Baynes + picks to NO

Kyrie, Butler and Embiid would be a great line up at Philly and there’s no way Kyrie is hanging around at NO. You might throw Gordon Haywood in as well because he would spread the floor and he’s stinking it up in Boston

Simmons has a fair bit of contract and they’d be able to build around him at NO rather than trying to fit him into Embiid’s club at Philly. Back Fultz to come good, add some draft talent

AD wants a big club that is ready to compete which Boston fits the bill on. Boston roll back to the roster that was so successful late last year but have AD instead of Baynes as the 5

It’s rare that teams trade with another team within the same conference.
It’s extremely rare that two teams legitimately competing for a conference final will make a trade with eachother.

I didn’t say it was feasible, just the best option :smiley:

5 Likes

Isiah Thomas / Kyrie

Didn’t say it didn’t happen. It’s just extremely rare.
I’d be very surprised if the 76ers help Boston get AD.

Edit…
Sidenote…
I thought the main reason AD has been linked to Boston is because Kyrie and the Brow are good mates and want to play on the same teams.

That’s why there’s talk of Kyrie joining AD and Lebron in LA.

1 Like

Celtics absolutely blown Charlotte out at the TD Garden. Good spread between the likes of Tatum, Brown, Horford, Rozier.

1 Like

Supporting Miami, along with Essendon is really not very good for my blood pressure.

Eat a fukn bag, Maguire.

1 Like

Dallas just made a great trade

1 Like

The unicorn to Dallas?

1 Like

Wtf Knicks.

2 Likes

Porzingis, Hardaway Jnr and Courtney Lee to Dallas for Wesley Matthews, Dennis Smith Jnr and DeAndre Jordan. Importantly for New York, Matthews and DAJ are expiring contracts whilst they are shedding multi-year contracts for Hardaway Jnr and Lee. Kristaps is a RFA at the end of the season and expressed concerns on the direction of the Knicks.

This could be a great trade for both parties. If Porzingis returns from injury as he was, one of the brightest young stars in the NBA, his partnership with Doncic could be special and a great successior to Dirk. For NYK they have cleared salary and now have around $75 Million in cap space. I take this as a fairly sure sign they have one max Free Agent (Durant) pretty much close to locked in, with room for another, whether that’s Kyrie, Kemba Walker, or someone else. If they land Durant and/or Kyrie/Kemba, and then strike lucky in the lottery with Pick 1 (Zion), then you have the making of a pretty good team.

4 Likes

Dennis Smith Jnr is a good young player too, but he’s fallen under the shadow of Luka. That’s a great pick-up for NYK and someone they can go forward with. He surely could play the 2-guard if they signed one of the major FA Point Guards as well.

Embiid to the news

Still think Dallas are the big winners there.

3 Likes

Wow that’s a massive trade outta nowhere

Dallas have the more known quantity in KP, but there’s still the issue of whether he comes back after the ACL as good as he was, and also the fact he’s 7’3" coming back from such an injury there’s always doubt. Plus he a RFA this summer, so whilst they can match any offer he might get elsewhere, he’s not a guarantee to even be there after July 1. This deal only works for New York if they can nail some big name Free Agents this summer.

2 Likes

Yeh, fair call about the ACL recovery. But if the unicorn is as good as he was, look out. The west will be ridiculously tough.

That’s actually a good trade for both teams.

Knicks had to throw some talent in to dump Hardaway Jnr and Lee’s combine $30mil per year contracts.
They can now get two max players next year or even go hard at AD given they’ll likely get a top five pick.
I like DSJ but how many small guards does New York have? Mudiay, Nitikila and Burke. DSJ should get a starting spot but you never know. This is the Knicks afterall.

Dallas get a future star (even though he’s been injured for 12 months and has another 6 months to go). He’s out of contract at the end of the season, but they’ll probably sign him to a one year contract and allow him to push for a better deal. They set themselves up for the 2021 group of contracts once Hardaway Jnr and Lee expire.

1 Like