NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Might be a good trade for Atlanta too, they get Dallas’ pick this year and surely they win less without all those guys this year before getting KP next year

@smooth Why the hell would Kevin Durant want to play for the Knicks lol.

Because he realises the rings he’s got at GSW mean very little. He’s seen as a bandwagon joiner, he had to join the team with the greatest Regular Season record in NBA history to win. If he can bring success to a struggling franchise like the Knicks, who haven’t won for over 40 years, then that looks pretty good on the resume. He cares about that stuff, he’s a sensitive guy, why else would he have his own burner Twitter account?

Agree and who else is going to give him a Max and have the profile of the Knicks…
He won’t play with LeBron, he isn’t going to the Celtics…
Turning the Knicks around turns his reputation around too

1 Like

They are just an absolute rubbish organisation, with a terrible team and he would most definitely NEVER win a championship there, unless they could somehow attract 2 other superstars (good luck with their track record).

Let’s see how they get on with the Draft Lottery. I don’t know why but something tells me they might get lucky and get the #1 pick. If so, that’s a game changer because that’s Zion. You get him and have room for 2 max deals. Guys will join. Pie in the sky, but if they get KD, Kyrie, Zion, they have Dennis Smith Jnr and Kevin Knox who can play, if that happens and they fill out the rest of the roster will role players and veterans, you’ve got a team. They wouldn’t have made that trade if they weren’t confident they’ve got someone in Free Agency.

2 Likes

Mean very little? They mean the same as every other championship ever won.

3 Likes

I’m sure he looks at them on the daily and feels a sense of emptiness…

You’d think the Rockets will pick up Jordan if/when he gets bought out. Going to be very tough to beat.

DeAndre? How the hell could they possibly afford him in their Salary Cap?
They will be good once Capela comes back. Faried been good as well since they signed him.

Jordan won’t get bought out, he’s a pending FA. Precisely what Knicks want. If anyone is getting bought out it’d be Courtney Lee. Hou would be a good landing spot for him

Ben made All-Star reserves

3 Likes

Holy ■■■■ Detroit are a steaming pile of horse ■■■■. Playing a team who just got ripped in half at home and getting pumped. Lols I would be booing the ■■■■ outta them

They do suck, but I think they should be able to come back and win this game.

At least Rowdy Broekoff is getting some minutes now.

I think the trade is ridiculous by virtue of the fact that the Knicks traded Kristaps Porzingis who is still on his ROOKIE DEAL, for cap space

2 Likes

LeBron apparently set to play against the Clippers today.

Far out which game to watch? 76ers vs Warriors or Lebron vs Clippers ahhhhh.
First world problems!

1 Like

That’s not the case. They traded Hardaway Jnr ($18M next year) and Lee ($12M) to clear cap space. They put Porzingis in there because he’s a pending RFA and having had discussions with him realised he wasn’t sure on the direction of the franchise and preferred to be traded if a deal came up. Dallas weren’t going to take on $30 Million worth of bad contracts for next year if they didn’t get anything else in return. According to ESPN the Knicks will also be getting an unprotected Dallas 1st rounder in 2021 and another protected (1-10) 1st rounder in 2023 in the trade. So in all, New York clear $30 Million in bad salary next season, now have room for 2 max Free Agents and have trade assets in those first round picks. Dallas get a potential top 5 player in the NBA in Porzingis, provided he is fully healthy and stays with the team, the perfect replacement for Dirk, and linking up with Doncic should be an exciting prospect for Mavs fans.

1 Like

Knicks payroll:

Cleared the decks for 2019/20 and beyond.

surely they have a few verbal commits.