NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Boston will be an interesting team to watch come June

Tomorrow Boston vs 76ers , with Boston now +1 behind them good chance for them to increase it with Irving out

Pacers on today against the Hornets, heres hoping Walker has a big game, so 76ers can draw level

Few other games today

Pistons vs Wizards, Maker should get some mins in rotation in a must win for them

Battle of the spoon with Knicks and Dellodova’s Cavs

Harden plays ever improving Mavericks

Action starts from 11am

1 Like

Is that the stuff about Simmons approaching Magic for a “coaching session” in the off season. It has a whiff. Wasn’t his original preference to play at the Lakers. That being said, Sixers apparently put Simmons name up at trade time

1 Like

I suppose it’s a question of where do you draw the line? Magic being the President of Basketball Operations at the Lakers, the new “tampering” rules. I get that Ben would like to get some help from him given that Magic was the pre-eminent PG of his generation and both have a similar style of play being big PGs. I want to see Ben be the best he can be, but then there will be those out there wondering if there will me more to this than just Magic giving a young guy a few pointers…

1 Like

He’d learn a heck of a lot from both Magic and LBJ

2 Likes

They train together in the off season those that want too as well

So dont know how that is any different as players talk…lol

Mind you 1 player that doesnt is Giannis as doesnt want opposition knowing everything

Hope we see that Thon Block on the Top 10 today. Nasty.

1 Like

If there is a basketball god please make this happen for us long suffering Knicks.

2 Likes

Lost 30 of their last 32. On target for the worst record in franchise history (17-65). Currently 10-46.

1 Like

Yep, they have finally learnt to tank properly.

2 Likes

Yet you can guarantee the lottery won’t fall their way.

If Cavs get another #1

3 Likes

I have resigned myself to that already unfortunately.

1 Like

This one?

3 Likes

I think the league realises it needs a Knicks team to be a contender for the NBA to really flourish. Wouldn’t surprise if there was another “frozen envelope” situation, or the equivalent of these days…

1 Like

A knicks v Lakers rivalry would be glorious.

1 Like

Got 3rd!

2 Likes

Last time I looked, the league seemed to be going pretty damn well…the Knicks will remain an also ran team until the NBA convince Dolan to sell. Surely his reputation has impacted their chances of getting the big name free agents in recent years.

1 Like

No doubt that would have happened in the past, but they have some new faces in the front office. They appear to have their house more in order than any time in the past decade. They don’t have a bad contract on the books, they have 2 max FA slots. Winning the Knicks a title would looks pretty good on anyone’s resume. It would appeal to Durant given he is worried about his legacy and the fact that he joined a bandwagon to win easy rings. He joined a stacked team and one that had already won. It’s not very impressive and he knows it given how sensitive he is to criticism. Durant will join, and more than likely another big FA will follow if they have KD locked in. The bonus could be where the Knicks finish in the lottery. If they get Pick 1 or 2, which will be either one of Zion or RJ Barrett, that’s massive. That 3 plus Dennis Smith Jnr and Kevin Knox, add some decent veterans and other role players, some 3 and D guys, you have a team.

1 Like

Funny as it might sound using Porzingus to unload the bad contracts could just well set us up.

Then again it could just be another very NY Knicks thing to do😂

KD, another free agent and Zion/Barrett doesn’t win them a title…it doesn’t even guarantee them getting out of the Eastern Conference.

And I’m still not convinced that KD worries about what others think of him going to the Warriors.

He’s got himself a couple of rings and finals MVPs…that probably gives him all the validation he needs.

1 Like

The Bulls are getting the #1 pick anyway :wink: