NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

I have really struggled to give a ■■■■ about college basketball. I barrack for Michigan State and Georgetown because my 2 favourite players went there but I could not tell you anything else about those schools, such as other notable ex-players name of their home court etc.

Oh I cared about Seton Hall when Andrew Gaze went there (and St Mary’s to a lesser extent) but that is it.

I am guessing he probably won’t sign an endorsement deal with Nike when he joins the big league.

2 Likes

Cost Nike $1.2 billion dollars (US) on the stock market overnight.

6 Likes

No Embiid but the Sixers are up on Miami late. Good even spread of points between Ben, Butler and Tobias Harris, and big Boban has 18 and 12 filling in as the starter at the 5.

1 Like

@Alan_Noonan_10 apparently Brett Brown goes to Port Fairy in the every NBA offseason to work. Keep an eye out!

A great game in Milwaukee ends with the Bucks holding on by 1 against Boston. Kyrie with the left hand floater for the win but only got iron. Well played by both teams!

1 Like

Lakers v Rockets at Staples, Harden already with 3 fouls with 3 mins left in the 1st. Might be the slice of luck that LAL need to get the W here…

MASSIVE win for LA. Looked gone for all money but a 4th quarter comeback gets them the W. LeBron worked himself into the game, especially late. Ingram had a great game too.

2 Likes

To be able to have a big man to replace Embiid, not to the level but still reasonable, is huge, to have Harris, who actually may be the most in form player on the team, is even bigger.

Philly are genuine threat to Golden State, let’s hope they can get past their hoodoo teams.

JJ Reddick obviously spent his childhood doing those jumping sideways threes, never look like they should go in but do. I’ve underrated him

3 Likes

Isaac Humphries with 17 pts in Boomers match
Has a 34 pt game in G league.
A 21yo 7 footer. Whats his story?

Went to Kentucky, left early to go pro, didn’t get drafted, had a summer league stint with Atlanta and got added to training camp roster but didn’t make the squad, came back to Aus and played in The NBL. I think he has NBA potential, reminds me of a young Baynes. Needs to play in Europe

3 Likes

Lebron is a force of nature. The way players lift around him due to his power and skill is crazy. Must be insane to play alongside him and witness him just owning games of basketball. Still number 1 player in league imo. Him vs KD will be epic in playoffs if it happens.

If GSW get the Lakers first up because they sneak into the playoffs LeBron’s legacy is going to take a beating

I don’t think I could imagine a bigger playoff mismatch than Curry, Klay, KD, Green, Boogie vs LeBron and his team of misfits

Would it? Nobody would give them a prayer of winning. It’s a starting 5 that contains 5 all-stars v LeBron + kids + cast-offs. So would it be better for his legacy to miss the post season altogether? That would be a stain on his legacy more than getting beaten by the Warriors in the 1st round as an 8-seed…

A sweep from GSW does nothing for his legacy. His legacy is already established. Just like Jordan’s legacy wasn’t dented due to his Washington days.

If he snags one or two games, then his legacy is increased.
Especially if GSW sweep all other opponents.

1 Like

People ignore Jordan at Washington. Wasn’t he the co-owner or something. Jordan had come out of retirement again and no one thought anything of it.

What legacy are we discussing with Lebron?

Surely the GOAT discussion is finished now?

He will be considered top 5 and that’s nothing to sneeze at.

4 Likes

Bill Russels the goat. 5 MVP and 11 rings.

Neither Jordan or Lebron match that.

And Kareem is probably second.

1 Like

Clearly it’s jordan and then there is a few candidates for second spot.

I think Lebron has actually hurt his legacy by continually changing teams in search of rings.

Miami has a very unique American identity and he should have just stayed there and made it an NBA powerhouse.

Just like LA and New York it has the glitzy celebrity vibe going on and he could have transformed it into something special in nba folklore.