NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Can you blame him? Imagine the utter garbage that Magic and Pelinka would have promised him at the start of the year? And now look where we are?

He has totally given up on this season and the players around him aren’t up to chop at all.

Kuzma has been solid and Ingram was utterly woeful to start the year and is now picking it up a bit but is heavily inconsistent on both ends of the floor.

Walking into practice or an arena and seeing Luke Walton there would leave me needing inspiration also. The man is a fraud who was gifted a career at the Lakers due to who his old man is and the same has happened post playing career. A below average player and an even worse coach.

A lot has to change this off-season but it might be far too late by then.

Wow, didn’t think Bogut would be back in the NBA. Minimum would provide good rim defense and a good experienced backup centre for a contending team. Always an interesting time of the year to see where Free Agent/buyout players end up landing…

2 Likes

Bogut is an ■■■■. So he will go to Golden State

1 Like

I’d have to disagree with you that the team was better last year than this year. Last year’s team was 4 games below 500 in December and never recovered.
Last year’s record also looked better because teams were tanking after the all star break.

The team cannot handle expectations. For memory they’ve lost to 5 of the bottom 6 teams in the league.
Outside of Kuzma and Hart, the rest of the team are either young pretenders who are yet to string along three games of good consistent basketball or old veterans who don’t quite fit in with Lebron’s skill set. Ingram has been very good of late, but if he was doing this through December and January, the AD trade would have been closer to done. As it was, no one wants him unless he come cheaply.

This year was a wasted year. It began that way after the one year contract signings and hasn’t improved enough through the season.
That’s all on Magic and Pulinka.
They really need to get someone of note in the preseason so that we don’t have another wasted year. It all hinges on Kyrie. If he leaves the Celtics, then they wouldn’t include Tatum in the trade for AD meaning the Lakers offer is looking just as good.

As far the Lakers being the Knicks of the West, we were that when we used our salary cap on substandard players like Deng, Clarkson and KCP. Magic and Pulinka were able to make trades and moves to clear space to get Lebron + 1. Now it’s Lebron + 2. They just need to do some heavy work.

We’re not quite Knicks territory yet.

You’re right on Kyrie. I’ve resigned to the fact that he’s out of Boston. It looks to be either the Lakers or Knicks. I’d be staggered if he teamed up with LeBron again. It would be the ultimate swallowing of pride and admittance that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. To me Kyrie and KD to the Knicks via Free Agency looks far more realistic, they have 2 max FA slots, and a draft pick that looks like it will be very high up in the lottery. Lots of innuendo on whether they’d trade that to try and get AD off the Pelicans and have a Big 3 in NY or if they’ll take the pick and get Zion. I’d fancy the latter, you’ll get him locked in for 4 seasons on rookie salary, and if they can get a good complimentary 3rd star to go with that and fill the bench with veterans and role players I’m pretty bullish on what the Knicks can do.

1 Like

I don’t think KD will end up at the Knicks. I think he’ll stay at GSW until they lose a playoff series.

I don’t know where that leaves Kyrie. Lakers are a chance if the AD trade can be done. I doubt he gets to the Knicks unless AD is there and I agree, the Knicks won’t give up Zion to get AD.

that trae young ejection was ludicrous

1 Like

It amazes me that people continue to have this level of confidence in the Knicks management team. If they can pull off either of the above scenarios it would be a miracle.

1 Like

Snoop Dogg with a meltdown Nino would be proud of :rofl:

Selling his booth for $5

3 Likes

I’m glad someone else wants Walton gone as much as I do :joy:

2 Likes

I thought you might like it :joy:

1 Like

Another absolute belting for the Mavs looks like they in full tank mode and rolling the dice for a top 5 lottery pick

1 Like

Is #4 for the Lakers some guy from the crowd that won a prize to be on the roster?

Caruso is useless.

Did you just see him foul a bloke when we are over the foul limit, 90 feet away from the basket?

Shouldn’t even be on our G-League roster let alone playing at Staples.

LeBron will have to pass MJ on the scoring list tonight for us to even stay within 10 of these guys.

We are embarrassing on defence as per usual.

1 Like

And just like that the team totally implodes down the stretch and totally gives up.

This team is pathetic to watch.

They wouldn’t beat an NBL team with this effort.

Redick with 5 3’s halfway through the second quarter. Philly up by 7.
Need the Magic and Hornets to keep losing so hopefully we can see D Wade in the playoffs one last time!

As a longstanding Knicks fan I am 110% sure the Knicks management will cluster ■■■■ it.

2 Likes

If Celtics play like they’re right now in the playoffs.

Look the fark out.

1 Like