NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Lakers assembling the old Pelicans roster

Cousins signs for min. Rondo comes back too.
Good pick up, Cousins.

1 Like

Miami was the only other team interested in Boogie apparently.

Marcus Morris 2 years/$20 Million at San Antonio. That’s a good fit for him.

1 Like

I wonder if the Lakers will go with Cousins or McGee as the starting centre, and if Lebron will play point guard (or Rondo)?

Rondo, Green, Lebron, AD and Cousins looks pretty good on paper, all players capable of shooting the 3, however I think most of the dominance will come in the paint.
Lebron typically needs lots of shooters around him, so this will be interesting,

Apparently Westbrook is seeking a trade out of OKC now. Can you see any takers?

I thought Boogie would have fit perfectly in SA with Pop. I thought that would be the best place in the league for him to get back to his best if he still could but here is hoping that he can play some good ball for us.

I reckon they will start Cousins with McGee playing decent numbers off the bench to help the workload.

We also bought Caruso back who showed a fair bit last season as well which is nice.

Russell Westbrook is the worst “superstar” in the league and I had no idea why PG wanted to stay and play with him in the first place and only 12 months down the road, he requested a trade anyway.

Good luck moving that albatross of a contract though for a guy who always has to have the rock in his hand.

OKC are just going to fully blow it up by the sounds of it which is smart.

Butler and westbrook, 2 competitive pyschos

Except Russell always has the ball and Jimmy can stand in the corner waiting for his overlord to pass him the ball if it means getting a stat.

Lakers sign Quinn Cook and are bring KC-P back as well.

Roster is filling out nicely.

Really enjoyed the irony of you having a cry about people ■■■■■■■■ on the lakers then ■■■■ on other potential trades for other teams.

1 Like

My guess is Westbrook will start the season at OKC then might get dealt before the deadline. A team who thinks they might be close to contending could pull the trigger. Right now I can’t see a spot for him. It makes sense for the Thunder to press the reset button but that contract is a millstone around the neck. It won’t age well either. Russ has had a few knee issues. Signs of wear and tear on a guy who has carried a massive load and also whose game is reliant on athleticism and physicality.

2 Likes

■■■■ OKC. Hope they fold.

2 Likes

And by fold, you mean move back to Seattle where they never should have left from

7 Likes

Trades now being made official:

Anthony Davis is a Laker
Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart to New Orleans
Kemba Walker a Celtic
Terry Rozier a Hornet

All mere formalities but these moves delayed to ease cap issues.

Ideally. But I’d settle for them folding.

From memory Boogie and AD put up great stats together in NO.

But did they actually play well together?

Must admit I’ve never been in a hurry to watch Pelicans games :joy:

1 Like

I’d start Bridges!
Bleacher Report has us as the 17th best starting 5…

I think you’ll improve, by a fair bit.
(With a good injury run, of course)

Problem is the West is stacked!

1 Like

Houston apparently considering trading for Westbrook. Harden, CP3 and Westbrook all on the one team. It would be so dysfunctional I want this to happen!! Who will have a lockeroom punch-on first? How long into the season until we see open dissent on court? Will D’Antoni get fired or just walk out from the mess? The storylines are endless!

5 Likes

Only way they could do that trade is to include CP3 in the swap for Westbrook.

So sadly we may never see 3 people on the same team fight each other in game!!