NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Probably right. Actually they may have to offer one of those 17 first picks they now have (next 6 years) with him as a package to move him on!

I think they could still send Paul to Miami and just take back expiring contracts like Dragic and Kelly O
Miami has about 70mil of expiring deals

1 Like

Thatā€™s probably the best outcome if they can do that. They got enough of a draft haul already, if they can clear CP3ā€™s salary then itā€™s full steam ahead on a complete reset rather than paying his retirement cheque.

2 Likes

who needs russ when you got a herro?

I donā€™t think the league would overrule that now that CP is old and crapā€¦

Theyā€™ll probably cop CP3 for 2 years and shift/buyout the last year.

I feel like CP3 is a much better fit for trying to develop a new core than Russ. They might actually touch the ball.

1 Like

So how are the Rockets going to approach the league about allowing their team to play with two basketballs as opposed to one?

4 Likes

I think this is the first step to fulfilling @riolio s dream for the AFL. Once the NBA introduces multiball itā€™s a matter of time for the AFL to get on board

2 Likes

Tacko Fall is playing pretty damn well for the Celtics in Summer League. We waived Guerschon Yabusele yesterday which opens up a roster spot. Fall on a two-way deal makes sense, heā€™s definitely worth a lookā€¦

Each team starts with a ball in the goal square first to score at other ends winsā€¦then you start againā€¦no rucks required !

1 Like

The guys a behemoth

Has he stopped growing? What is he now 7ā€™7"?

Yeah. Heā€™s been a big surprise (no pun intended). Thought he wouldnā€™t be able to run the floor that well, but he seems to get up the court well for a guy his size. Heā€™s not a complete beanpole like Minute Bol was, heā€™s got a decent build on him. He still needs some rounding of his game but he will definitely be on an NBA roster this season.

Do they call his lay ups dunks?

He can dunk without jumping. 7ā€™7" with an 8ā€™2" wingspan.

1 Like

If not heā€™s got a good offer from South East Melbourne Phoenix.

My kids are desperate to see what a person that tall looks like up close

1 Like
1 Like

He makes dunking look like shelling peas

2 Likes

Definitely has something about him. Teams could do a lot worse than get him.

1 Like