NBN - should I stay or should I go?

After several years of FTTP I now have FTTN, so all I get now at peak hour is this.

A bit sad, but thank God Malcolm saved the NBN, or I might have to have MuslimNet or something.

4 Likes

second that, they’ve been great. That’s what I’ve found after changing twice previously from “premium” ISPs who oversold their service and I ended up getting loads of congestion from 8pm to midnight. 50/20 plan with FTTP, currently getting 48/18 on speedtest at 8:49pm. Not bad!

2 Likes

step aside, fast guy…

1 Like

i hate you all.

ps. wtf do areas already on cable get upgraded to fiber, whilst plonkers like me on full to the brim adsl exchanges continue with gash internet. bllluuurrggghh

2 Likes

Or wtf does NBN.com.au say I should be connected in June gone by but still using carrier pigeons and usbs

1 Like

I’ve got the option of using Sky Muster, which is the satellite version. Only problem is, my roof type didn’t suit their installation method so they wouldn’t install the dish. The installer was keen to work around it, but the request was rejected.

They will only have ONE channel in 4k.

It’s delivered via satellite.

They may have to get rid of channels due to being close to capacity. (Not that this is a bad thing considering 99% of their offering is crap).

You have to buy their “new” box to get it.

Things that make you go hmmm…

Isn’t it lucky Uncle Rupert got his mates to ruin what could have been with the NBN?

3 Likes

You all know there is a share button for the results on speedtest?

Also those number in single digits are terrible.

No idea how I used to do it.

Going to visit Mum and dad and sitting down watching Netflix with them is torture. I mean the internet is torture. Sitting with Mum and dad isn’t.

2 Likes

And you know what. I don’t care about any of that. I have a really nice 4K tv, and the more I can use it at full noise the better.

1 Like

one 4k channel on Foxtel.

For the cost of the box, no worries, I’m in.

And then also Netflix, and Amazon Prime, and 4K Blue Ray

Cos NBN are allowed to pick and choose which areas they install in first, and the un-borked areas are a lot lot cheaper to do than the borked areas.

Shouldn’t NBN be so smokin good you wouldn’t think twice about getting on it?

1 Like

Yeah but then the Liberals…

5 Likes

Yep. There will be a royal commission one day on the ■■■■ up of this.

They also lie and say the area has been complete then sneak contractors in over the next 6 months

Sigh

Made it easy for everyone…

1 Like

Got optus cable as well, 24mbps at 10:30 at night