New Book 'We Are Essendon'

Rick's a nice guy - modest and unassuming. I'm sure his book will be a good read and somewhat different from other footy books we have seen.

Thanks Jackie!

I pre ordered your book, looking forward to reading it.

I’m going to wait until it comes out on DVD

I’m buying it even if it’s crap.

I have a wait list already.

Sorry If I am contributing too much to this thread but BIG thank you to everyone for their support. I hope the stories in the book resonate with you all.

I’m proud and paid up. $26.95 + postage. Reckon you’ll beat Martin Hardie’s book out by 15 years.

I look forward to the read. We are the forgotten people in all of this to a degree. Understandably the players have to be the #1 focus, after all, they have unfairly worn the brunt of all of this as we have continued on with our lives. But the ridicule we have been subjected to by opposition supporters for having the gall to support our team in our darkest hour, the opportunity to watch our team thrive in the finals and like some others have mentioned, the opportunities for our kids to watch their team be successful have all been ripped away by this whole mess. I remember a time when my whole week was based around Bombers next game, whereas now its a much less significant part of my life.
The players certainly dealt the shittiest hand and the book covers that too. But yes no one knows what it's like to have been in our shoes. Like you say, looking forward to the weekend's game. For first time since 2012 I'll go to games without worrying about the saga.

They had to tolerate a lot more swearing in our small office at the outset.

Will there be nudity?

Hello, I'm Rick. Big thanks to Darli for the post here, was a nice surprise. Very kind.

Thanks to Goat Boy and Carla, too.

And yes a few blitzers are in the book, some telling their full stories and others just making cameos.

It’s a book that I think needed to be written. No one ever asked us fans how we are feeling and how we have coped through the saga.
It’s not another Chip Le Grand book (which I enjoyed, BTW), this time it’s about the fans.

Any questions, please ask!

Who are the Blitzers in the book?
Will there be nudity?

Google have sensored it.

Hello, I'm Rick. Big thanks to Darli for the post here, was a nice surprise. Very kind.

Thanks to Goat Boy and Carla, too.

And yes a few blitzers are in the book, some telling their full stories and others just making cameos.

It’s a book that I think needed to be written. No one ever asked us fans how we are feeling and how we have coped through the saga.
It’s not another Chip Le Grand book (which I enjoyed, BTW), this time it’s about the fans.

Any questions, please ask!

Who are the Blitzers in the book?

I’ll leave it up to them to say …

Even Gil, Andrew and Mike were kids once.

Prove it.

Will there be nudity?

How you read books is your business.

Sorry If I am contributing too much to this thread but BIG thank you to everyone for their support. I hope the stories in the book resonate with you all.
You are one of us and entitled to have your say, every day, if you like. Glad to have you on board.
Even Gil, Andrew and Mike were kids once.

Prove it.

Robots the lot of them.
I'd like to share a personal story. My son, now 14yo, had the best years of his life robbed by the saga. Instead of dreaming about Jobe or Hep, or whoever his football heroes may have been, he thinks of drugs, needles and ASADA. In his final 2 years of primary school, he was the only Bomber supporter left in his whole year level - all other kids left and barracked for other teams. Last season, he'd lost interest in football entirely. And this upcoming season, despite my efforts to get him excited, I can tell he's only showing mild excitement for me. 4 years of media persecution is a long time when you're 10. Yes, this is a business. But even Gil, Andrew and Mike were kids once. I don't care .. I'm an adult and can deal with it. But a lot of Bomber kids have had their football childhood robbed. And you don't get it back. F* you Afl/govt/ASADA.

I remember talking about this hidden cost back in 2014. I noticed at my sons Auskick that the amount of kids in EFC jumpers was falling & also at his school footy days there were hardly any kids in red & black. How many of those kids are lost to the EFC forever? How many would have become members, taken their kids to the footy when they grow up etc. This could very easily see us lose a near generation of supporters.

If the kids changed out, they can just as easily change back when the going gets good again. Obviously they picked Essendon for a reason initially. Plus, four years of pain isn’t unremarkable - it can’t be much different than young blues fan jumping off after Carlton finished bottom or near bottom for 5 years in a row.

sorry just trying to work out how to post pic!

Will it be available in electronic format?

Will it be available in electronic format?
Yes will be ...

Another extract from my book.

On shelves (and as ebook) in March. Pre-order https://books.slatterymedia.com/store/viewItem/we-are-essendon

^

That last line…