New Olympic Sports

Yep, get rid of all the different strokes. Fastest to the other end wins.

Either that or introduce hopping and skipping hold medals into T&F

2 Likes

Shooting, rowing.

All the sports that you can only do if you’re brought up in the west, with plenty of money.

1 Like

Cross country pogo stick racing should absolutely be a thing.

And strongman events. They’re grouse.

Huh? That already exists. In fact, it’s the only way to not come last.

102 medals and probably 50 competitors.
No wonder Phelps got so many.

technically, that’s what freestyle is

3 Likes

Is it? Various bits are still banned, like dolphin-kicking underwater the whole way (or a substantial proportion thereof).

2 Likes

I’d be impressed if anyone could find enough dolphins to kick above the surface.

If it wasn’t in in 1952, get rid of it.

The Olympics is a parody of itself.

You think that was enough events, they should’ve Finnished it there?

1 Like

I know it’s not PC anymore…but hear me out. Dwarf (small statures people) throwing, but combined with the hammer throw.

Bring back the Tug o’War…only not the old one, just a bunch of SAS-types playing Soggy Sao.

I’ll let you in on a secret. You can clock double dragon by simply elbowing your way through the whole game. I know because I’ve done it.

1 Like

Anything where the winner is judged based on a judges interpretation/preference is not a sport.

2 Likes

If there’s any game to be included in the Olympics surely it’s Mario kart.

Imagine the drama of someone leading all race in the gold medal round only to be blue shelled right on the line. I would watch the hell out of that

5 Likes

It’s the same feeling you get when Sydney is paid a dubious free kick in front of goal in the dying seconds to win a game.

4 Likes

I feel you all aren’t taking these Olympics seriously.

2 Likes

The Olympics are just the support Act to the main game which is the Winter Olympics.

In the Olympics, there is just sport. But in the Winter Olympics, there is sport but with the added thrill that competitors could die or get seriously injured at any moment. You could crash and break your arms/legs in the ski jump, you can crash in the luge and decapitate yourself, get shot with a gun in the biathlon thing, cut your wrists open on skates, the list goes on. That’s why it’s awesome

I want World’s Strongest Man brought in. Who wouldn’t tune in to someone pulling a 747 down the straight track

1 Like