Next Generation Academies

This one is going to hurt a lot if he is nabbed before 40, has x factor in spades, unsure which is his preferred foot, wants to play with Essendon. But is open to play for any club, and Richmond are interested.

Richmond’s first pick is currently #53.

1 Like

Oh and they can’t live trade can they? Forgot that. A lot of buzz about the kid someone will have the courage before 40 I reckon.

I can live with that, couldn’t live with him being bid on at 41 and us passing.

2 Likes

Settle down.
Richmond currently have only #53 and #63, which the combined points of are equivalent to #45. Not sure how they can get to #40 or better, but who knows? I suppose a few of Brisbane’s picks in the 30s will evaporate matching F/S bids. The AFL will probably allow a pick swap that seems unfair to everyone else. We’ll see.

1 Like

???

1 Like

Sorry. Forgot to add ‘champ’. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Salary cap doesn’t work to level the teams out now. Guys nearly always sign for a bit less to where they want to go.

Honestly I think the maximum list size needs to increase by 5, or maybe even 8.

Leave the cap minimum and max as they are.
Clubs down the bottom can choose to use more list spots, to take more swings at the draft.
Clubs up the top spend the same money on fewer, better players.

7 Likes

They can trade picks up the draft ahead of 40?

maximum list size is 44 now.
In the old days it was 50.

I would increase list sizes by 2 for the next 3 years, just to stagger it. But clubs can choose to run with less.
Makes more sense to the VFL lists and second tier comp they are establishing. also means need less VFL listed players.

2 Likes

Well, they can, but they have to find a team willing to trade a pick inside 40 for two ■■■■■■ picks that are not worth that much. They could add future picks I suppose, but would they really be that keen on Munkara?

1 Like

My mail from a very good source is we are more likely than not to get Munkara.
We are not worried about an early bid from another club. While there’s small interest from some clubs, all clubs have been put off Munkara.

I don’t know what other clubs are thinking but
it’s to do with off-field issues. Nothing serious though.

So we will wait to call his name out after pick 40 or even later, adding him as rookie.

20 Likes

Tom Browne, please.

Hilarious

1 Like

We just need to give Eddie Betts all the money and support he needs/wants to run our indigenous programs across AFL/VFL/Women’s footy.

The most impressive thing about Walla’s career to date is that he’s achieved everything with little if any indigenous mentors at the club.

9 Likes

nek minute Melbourne take him with 38

1 Like

Well, not really. They also traded out their 2023 first, so must keep a 2023 second and third round picks. So, they don’t have much to trade with.

5 Likes

Fixed.

Taha selected in the VIC Metro training hub

2 Likes