No Changes for the Eagles

Hmm. He admitted he is slow. I believed it. Maybe you are right. Lets see this weekend

Maybe haps right?

Wtf mitchell rarely gets tackled. Sets up so much all because his first 3 steps are as quick as anyone’s.

So what exactly are you disagreeing with? just for context…

Out: Leuey
In: Jamar, just to break Mitchell’s jaw before the first bounce

Strange. In the team of the week he is listed as a HBF, in the team line ups for the last 4-5 weeks he is listed playing in the centre or on the ball, which seems more plausible. So why did the AFL put him in the team of the week as a HBF fcs.

You thinking he will be unaccountable on the HBF with Raz, Tippa & Green buzzing around.

Exactly.

I reckon top speed is Stanton (ish) but he accelerates and he can go side to side. Stumpy little legs are good for something.

Because if you’re not a KPP or Ruckman, they all play as midfielders, which was the point I was trying to make. There’s very little positional play, with the exception of certain players occupying certain parts of the zone. Maybe I did a hatchet job of trying to explain that initially.
As to the point about not having Mitchell and Priddis inside the contest at the same time, I’d imagine that would be about pace (or lack of) if they lose the clearance, so Mitchell is the guy that plays outside to use his foot skills.

In the Eagles losses it’s been spoken of that Mitchell plays unaccountable as HBF, and gets burnt by quick players on the counter. They showed many times he was trailing his opponent.

If we have Raz or TIPPA specifically playing on him to shut his creativity down and then running off him he won’t get near them.

Would love to see TIPPA given role since he one of few who could tackle Mitchell. And with intent.

TIPPA is apparently the number1 fwd 50 pressure player in the competition I heard noted by commentators the other day. Amazing.

8 Likes

He’ll end up with 3rd degree burns

1 Like

Haven’t been watching them this year but hopefully we can exploit the ground better than they can. They’d be used to having space to set up at home. If we can pressure like we did against Geelong it may not give them as much space as they’re used to and we can create some more play out the back.

Hmmm, okay then. If that’s the case then I agree completely that Walla would be the man for the job. But I’d be very surprised if the Eagles let that go on for very long. Will be an interesting little battle.

Yep & there’s less places to hide at Jihad

I still reckon the McGovern match up is more important. Certainly on Saturday against Geelong our MO was to get the ball long over the back for our smalls to run onto. I don’t think that’s necessarily gonna work against the Eagles with McGovern reading the play so well and zoning off for the intercepts. Gotta engage him as much as possible - James Stewart come on down. He needs to hit up at the ball carrier just as he did against Geelong and honour that lead every time. Engage McGovern and draw him out of the space, that’ll go a long way to us potentially winning this game, which we should go in with a huge chance of doing.

1 Like

Agree about McGovern but you selling our fwd line short imo.
The Eagles have a lot of stopping to do in our fwd line so I don’t think they’ll be running it out of the backline with ease and at will but it will be fascinating to watch & I look fwd to it.

3 Likes

selling short… what you did there…

I agree though, the multitude of forward options is our biggest strength. No longer can opposition defenders just fold back on Daniher and double/triple team him. But equally we can’t afford to get too predictable looking for the long over the back goals. Thus play through Stewart as a hit up target to open space for any one of our 4-5 other dangerous forwards to operate in. If we do get a “fast break” over the back, then it should be business as usual getting it to Raz/Walla/Green etc.

1 Like

lol

Yes, and no longer can the opposition just waltz out of our fwd line unscathed

I spend so long trolling idiots I can’t even tell anymore.

2 Likes

Id love to see Mitchell chasing Tippa as he runs onto a lose ball and gets the goal. ala Hooker and Buddy.

1 Like

No problem, I acknowledge Hartley is the most likely option, but just trying to be a little creative.

The good form of Stewart makes sending Hooker back when needed more viable. So the third tall role Francis has been playing in the seniors would still be part of his role, but he could potentially cover Darling part time if that was working and rotate with Hooker. The purpose of that is to find a slot for Francis while at least part time continuing with Hooker forward.

While not the most likely scenario, I like to put it out there as a way of trying to get our best, most dynamic players on the park and playing Francis into form and fitness.