No Changes for the Eagles

Changes = none

6 Likes

OUT: darn autocorrect

1 Like

Why are people dropping Myers?

He got much better as the game went on and even started to spend time on the ball. Heā€™s improved since last week and will only get better.

The fact that heā€™s played two games without injury is fantastic.

5 Likes

I want to see Nathan Lovett-Murray go to him personally

1 Like

Would like to see Bird given a go. Though not sure who he would replace.

1 Like

Offer a contract extension of one year per week that anyone gets suspended for belting Mitchell.

5 Likes

Get bird in for some fkn clearances

9 Likes

Thereā€™s a bye round less than a month away. Heā€™ll be fine

The thing about list pressure is that you should have players who ā€œwerenā€™t that bad/got better in 2nd halfā€ in the seniors being ousted for those who ā€œwere fantasticā€ in the 2ā€™s

This drives the team to ensure that those just ā€œokā€ performances arenā€™t enough. Thatā€™s what should happen in good teams. Perform at a high level.

Whether it happens or not is a different story but McNeice for McKenna, and Bird for Myers, could realistically happen and be more than justifiable.

McKenna still making too many errors for my liking and not enough positive impact being made to counter those.

And Myers whilst yes he is getting better (and baseline was ordinary last week) is not as good as Bird IMO. We are getting comprehensively beaten in clearances still, Bird is the man to fix that. And the poorest performed inside mid is who would go out for him. The positive of him coming in is he can get ball out to Hep, Jobe & co who can be more creative by hand and foot in attacking forays. And defensively he tackles like a man possessed.

That said the selection committee may want to just keep letting McKenna and Myers get more senior game time as both probably need it for varying reasons.

Out: Lid On

In: Lid OFFFFF

3 Likes

In : Hind.

3 Likes

The word is Zaha might miss a game if not a few - might get surgery to fix his voice box. Apparently it was Selwood who caused the damage - isnā€™t that ironic.

If he does miss, then I hope thatā€™s the only one change that will be made with bird in.

2 Likes

Anyone know of a sports bar in San Francisco where they show AFL games?

Reckon McNiece was rough to get dropped, wouldnā€™t mind another look at him but not sure who goes out.

Bird is deserving but not sure who deserves to be dropped for him - probably no-one.

Since Ambrose isnā€™t ready I wouldnā€™t be making any changes unless Woosha can find a way to make one of the above two work.

I canā€™t think what it would be, but there has to be a mid point between those 2 states of being.

Whatever it is,ā€¦ thatā€™s where Iā€™m at, ā€¦

Itā€™s not quite the same but perhaps Schrodingerā€™s Lid

4 Likes

Iā€™d say ā€œno changes for mineā€ but a) itā€™s already been said and b) for once itā€™s probably true rather than a joke.

5 Likes

In: RUSSIAN

1 Like

T Bell for Luenberger. We lost the tap count, stoppage clearance, center clearances and Lueny took one mark. Not that a ruck change will fix this but it is a start. Agree with just about everyone that Bird might help in this area, but who goes out? Zaka earned a reprieve, and everyone else played well. Do we bring in Bird for McKenna - lose a bit of speed but gain a clearance player?

Skewed lid.

1 Like