Official EFC v GCS review thread

This reminded me of the Melbourne game. If we had played a top 8 side, we would have been hammered. Because they were making woeful mistakes and didn’t apply any sort of good pressure we were able just do enough to stay in touch.

Zaka played his best game for a long time. The way he hit the leading forwards was good to see.

Dempsey showed us what we have been missing. At times he looked really good. His skills let him down but he just played that game that made be shook my head. Hird must be thinking that he wished he could have given him 5-6 games up there consistently.

If Carlisle signs Hooker has to play forward. Wow…he just gives a contest.

I saw a lot of positives today. I hope the boys keep it up for the remaining games. ■■■■ umpiring......*****cheats. They have different rules for us.
Fixed

I saw a lot of positives today. I hope the boys keep it up for the remaining games. ■■■■ umpiring…cheats.
They have different rules for us.

Yes.

And Yes.

Two things, that touched on the line that Hurley kicked looked like it had gone over the line, and theEdwards holding the ball when called to play on at 3/4 time, all he did was mark the ball and turn around to face the goals, did that look as bad on TV?

is where any reason why this website publisih essendon contract it just give the scum rat media ammunition

what the ■■■■ are you on about?

Absolutely robbed with two goals to the Suns. Heppel push in the back not given a free but paid a mark for goal, and Stants not paid a mark but called play on and gave up possession for a goal. I was farking spewing!!!

what about the Hurley goal that was called touched? At the game it looked well over the line. What did it look like on TV?

It looked over the line.

You can get an easy take on this: if the maggot was right, the commentators would show the replay many times.

Instead, they only showed the replay once, and said something like how brave he was backing himself to make the call and over-riding any opportunity for video review. Rsoles backing up cheating maggots to preserve their AFL accreditation.

Daniher, Jerrett and Ambrose offered nothing today Hard to win games when 3 of your starting 21 are non factors Consistency is a real issue

Ambrose has been crap all year and still gets a game, if hes getting games then that proves our depth doesn’t bat very deep

It doesn’t.

Not really a revelation.

Daniher, Jerrett and Ambrose offered nothing today Hard to win games when 3 of your starting 21 are non factors Consistency is a real issue

Ambrose has been crap all year and still gets a game, if hes getting games then that proves our depth doesn’t bat very deep

Could not believe there was not a review called for at the least. Looked a goal on the limited tv replays I saw.

The fans were great! Kudos to you all. I think the umpiring cost us giving them 2 blatant goals in the first quarter the push out mark to Lynch on Heppell was obvious, the non mark to Stanton was mystifying.

The boys had a crack today, hope we give the tigs a real scare next week!

EDIT: Like plenty of others, I just do not understand the calling of play on if it is an Essendon mark outside of the forward line, to my understanding, there should be 8 seconds before play on is called. We seem to get about 4 without any noticeable moving off the line. I can only say that I don’t notice similar treatment of our opposition in our games.

Surprised you didnt mention the joe Daniher one. He marked on the run and was trying to pull up and ump called play on and he was tackled and ridden into ground. Then red vested.

Exactly. He took a couple of steps, and maybe was thinking about whether to keep going. But he didn’t, and he surely gets a few steps following through after taking the mark. But no, clearly they had one thing in their minds today, play on, play on.
…except of course if it was a Gold Coast player.
And then there was the manning the mark 50m penalties. Nothing for the GC player running on when Dempsey marked in midfield with a couple of minutes left.

My gut feel was that he was probably off, although he is a big guy and may be harder for him to slow down. I think it could have gone either way. At the time I thought he should have kept going as I thought it was clear ahead.

Absolutely robbed with two goals to the Suns. Heppel push in the back not given a free but paid a mark for goal, and Stants not paid a mark but called play on and gave up possession for a goal. I was farking spewing!!!

what about the Hurley goal that was called touched? At the game it looked well over the line. What did it look like on TV?

I was absolutely livid leaving the ground. We played like ■■■■■ for the majority of the game and still should of won.

Umpiring was disgusting

We fumble the ball even when there is nobody around us

We overuse the ball, especially in the centre square clearances

Zaka is a disgrace to the jumper

Hibberd was very very good

Hurley was very good, but he should t be the one taking kickouts, he should be the one on the receiving end of the kickout

Goddard was good

Our midfield does not no how to defend

I have no idea what jerrett and Ambrose off the team

Dempsey was very good

On the way out i walked past a little kid who was crying his eyes out(his dad and brother were gc fans), he was saying " i waited all year to see them play and we lost by a point" broke my fkn heart.

Whoever the new coach is how got to get someone to teach our midfield to actually hit a leading forward on the chest and someone to teach the forwards its actually ok to lead up the middle of the field when presenting. Every single time we lead to the pockets, then the mids dump the ball either on their heads or over their heads

Carlisle as a defender was good, his kicking was very bad. Looked like he gave a damn, looked gutted at the final siren

Props to david richardson for leading a big essendon chant a few times throughout the game

efc1Robbo for at least assistant coach in 2016.

Lol, we would get relegated with me in charge or helping out.

I was absolutely livid leaving the ground. We played like ■■■■■ for the majority of the game and still should of won.

Umpiring was disgusting

We fumble the ball even when there is nobody around us

We overuse the ball, especially in the centre square clearances

Zaka is a disgrace to the jumper

Hibberd was very very good

Hurley was very good, but he should t be the one taking kickouts, he should be the one on the receiving end of the kickout

Goddard was good

Our midfield does not no how to defend

I have no idea what jerrett and Ambrose off the team

Dempsey was very good

On the way out i walked past a little kid who was crying his eyes out(his dad and brother were gc fans), he was saying " i waited all year to see them play and we lost by a point" broke my fkn heart.

Whoever the new coach is how got to get someone to teach our midfield to actually hit a leading forward on the chest and someone to teach the forwards its actually ok to lead up the middle of the field when presenting. Every single time we lead to the pockets, then the mids dump the ball either on their heads or over their heads

Carlisle as a defender was good, his kicking was very bad. Looked like he gave a damn, looked gutted at the final siren

Props to david richardson for leading a big essendon chant a few times throughout the game

efc1Robbo for at least assistant coach in 2016.

One of the most comical decisions of the day was when they paid a free against Hibberd for taking out the legs. He bent over to pick up the friggin ball !!! Was he supposed to step aside and wait to make sure no-one was going to run over the top of him? The free was brought in to stop players diving into contests (a la that beacon of all things just and noble, Adam Goodes). Hibberd didn't dive at anyone. He bent over to pick up the ball!!! Not allowed though, if you're wearing red and black.

To be fair, Goddard got a very similar one a few minutes later.

Like the 14 goal part - had a gutful of 7 or 8 goal returns for 80% of the year

One of the most comical decisions of the day was when they paid a free against Hibberd for taking out the legs.
He bent over to pick up the friggin ball !!!
Was he supposed to step aside and wait to make sure no-one was going to run over the top of him?
The free was brought in to stop players diving into contests (a la that beacon of all things just and noble, Adam Goodes).
Hibberd didn’t dive at anyone. He bent over to pick up the ball!!! Not allowed though, if you’re wearing red and black.

Virtually all of the blokes gave it their all for 4 qtrs. Disappointing to lose but that’s footy.

The fans were great! Kudos to you all. I think the umpiring cost us giving them 2 blatant goals in the first quarter the push out mark to Lynch on Heppell was obvious, the non mark to Stanton was mystifying.

The boys had a crack today, hope we give the tigs a real scare next week!

EDIT: Like plenty of others, I just do not understand the calling of play on if it is an Essendon mark outside of the forward line, to my understanding, there should be 8 seconds before play on is called. We seem to get about 4 without any noticeable moving off the line. I can only say that I don’t notice similar treatment of our opposition in our games.

Surprised you didnt mention the joe Daniher one. He marked on the run and was trying to pull up and ump called play on and he was tackled and ridden into ground. Then red vested.

Exactly. He took a couple of steps, and maybe was thinking about whether to keep going. But he didn’t, and he surely gets a few steps following through after taking the mark. But no, clearly they had one thing in their minds today, play on, play on.
…except of course if it was a Gold Coast player.
And then there was the manning the mark 50m penalties. Nothing for the GC player running on when Dempsey marked in midfield with a couple of minutes left.

is where any reason why this website publisih essendon contract it just give the scum rat media ammunition