Open letter to the EFC

I travelled a billion miles with the hope of a win but kinda knew. It’s like what you said. You can’t not go, incase you miss it. I can’t not go to our next final now, because when we win one and i decide not to be there il be spewing. Being at our last two, and what happened, hurts a lot

Really, my only realistic chance of seeing a win live this season apart from a final now in Anzac Day. And we’ve been known not to turn up for that too

4 Likes

Living in Queensland, I would argue against the ‘Do well in Queensland’.

We don’t. Even trudging out to the old mudpool of Carrara back in the '80s we would struggle to beat that rabble.

It is an attitude thing, we often drop the Brisbane games at Docklands I fly down with a mate to see.

It is like we walk in expecting to win and play accordingly.

I had to work last night so slept through the game, but when I logged in to check the score, I was expecting a loss and hoping for a win…

You think it’s bad for one game, maybe 2.
imagine living in melbourne and feeling that exact same way everytime we play
carlton
collingwood
north
richmond
melbourne

I still remember being at one of those melbourne games circa 2012 when they couldn’t win a ■■■■■■■ game, and rocking up thinking, they are gonna roll us.

I get it sucks, but it ain’t that much different being in melbourne, you just have more games to be let down by, instead of just potentially 2 matches a year.

1 Like

What, every time we play Carlton we lose, dkp? Collingwood? What am I missing here? And why does this place turn into a [insert nice word for a place where they put retarded people] every time we lose?

Maybe this club is ■■■■, as some of the supporters here seem to suggest, although I would strongly disagree. But if it is ■■■■ then maybe supporters get the club they deserve.

2 Likes

LOL I guess that’s what I was getting at in my other post.

1 Like

@westozziebomber

Nice heartfelt rant, wouldn’t be so confident in thumping the Dogs though.

That is some seriously strange logic.

In any case, I think you’re overplaying your hand.
People are happy when their team wins, and sad when they lose.
I’m pretty sure that’s not just supporters of this club.

And you want to criticise supporters of this club?
Really?

4 Likes

I’ve been living in Perth for nearly 30 years and know exactly what WOB is on about.
I had two options this weekend…stay in Perth and go see us play in the new stadium or head up the bush and catch up with family.
I took option two as I was fairly sure that what happened last night would happen. I’ve seen us put in so many pathetic performances over the years that I just expect them now.
And once again such a performance was delivered.

2 Likes

Essendon haven’t won a game in my state for a 20 years, so I don’t know what you are whinging about.

crybaby

4 Likes

Dogs getting pumped.

Will be a shootout of ‘see how our A game’ goes next week , and whoever makes the least amount of errors will win.

This! People dont like hearing it but we’re ■■■■, as simple as that. Have been for over a decade. I feel sorry for the younger generation who have grown up barracking for us, at least I’ve seen 2 premierships but they haven’t seen a freaking finals win.

Something has gotta change. Every year I get my hopes up thinking this might be our time, and it’s amplified due to seeing teams like the dogs and tigers win premierships and being filled with such jelousy. Teams we take the ■■■■ out of actually winning on the big stage while we flounder around 8th position.

I’m in Melbourne but I feel your pain WOB, and it’s to the point we’re I prefer to watch our games on TV rather than attend now because at least I can just switch off the TV and go do something else to take my mind of another ■■■■ game. This team causes me so much rage and anger that I actually think is it worth all the stress and anger? Do the players and staff feel this anger? Probably not, because if they did they’d play like they were possesd and physically destroy teams.

Our supporters deserve success, we deserve better than what has been dished up the last decade and a bit

5 Likes

Hey WOB, there is something you can do!
Make it known to the Club that WA supporters intend to boycott the team’s open training session before the next Perth game. Let them know that none of you want the players to give up their vineyard touring time to put on fake marketing to supporters when they can’t perform during a game!

3 Likes

I should have stated, imagine having that feeling of, this could easily be a loss game.

no we don’t lose to them all the time, but no one in their right SANE mind goes into many games with this side, thinking it’s a win.

We are just as likely to get pumped by the dogs next week, as it is likely we will pump them.

I get just as annoyed by entitled supporters as I do entitled football players. FWIW I think the club has gone along way to enabling this attitude and it’s not helping.

3 Likes

Here, here WOB. Moved here from Melbourne in ‘93 and, with a couple of notable exceptions, it’s been a ■■■■ gig being an EFC supporter. Subi was always a tough ask for any travelling team but, as people cleverer than me suggest, winning is largely a mindset. And yeah, I went to the open training session and the game and was unsurprised by the outcome. I guess you can live in hope but I’m like WOB- sick of bearing witness to a never-ending supply of pi55-poor efforts in Perth.

Enabling the attitude of supporters or players?

1 Like

Both

■■■■ poor by some players. Smith, Parish, Irish are some of the few that can hold their heads high…most of the senior players can not, maybe Bell Chambers.

That certainly doesn’t help you boost members and supporters in WA when you don’t win.

After what the club put us through, we sure as hell deserve something good. And what is being dished up is not that.

2 Likes