Operation Human Shiel

I’m so glad Hird is back at the club in some capacity …he’s a legend of the club and we are a better club when he is involved …never forget the players loved him and many young footballers still really admire him and rate him as one of the best players of his generation…hopefully once the dust settles further …we see him in the rooms and helping the young players …he bleeds red and black and has the most amazing football brain

6 Likes

It takes ignorance and stupidity !

2 Likes

Can we just get him farking announced please so i can go back to holidaying as normal families do.

3 Likes

Why?

I can’t see the Shiel deal getting done before Wednesday. GWS have allot going on, add in there would be some interest in pick 9 from a few places. I think the rough outline has probably been agreed, but both clubs are searching for some option within the outline to maximise for both parties.

They’ll have deals done in principal that they’ll hold back until Wednesday to add to the drama - assuming those deals don’t a flow on affect

Two firsts a very bad deal for us . In 2016 Tom Mitchell traded for 16 and 58. He was 2 years younger, no injury concerns and 104 Supercoach points CF Shiel 90. That is Adrian’s benchmark. Add, GWS a seller.

2 Likes

There are a few examples Adrian can use where 2 1st rounders were not needed to secure an A grade.

Jackets has McCartney right where he wants him imo.
They NEED to dump cap space, and when push comes to shove, I think pick 9 and a future 2nd will do it.

1 Like

No.

The afl rules your life. (or it’s supposed to).

3 Likes

LMAO god what have I done… :smiley:

so speculation GWS and Essendon at loggerheads or is it just the media assuming that because a deal hasnt been done yet… I call BS

1 Like

Typical media BS. This morning Dodoro himself said he is meeting with GWS this afternoon and a deal will be done.

1 Like

do the diel

5 Likes

It will get done.
Garunteed it will get done.

If there was the slightest inkling in the media that the deal wouldn’t get done the media would be all over it like hot cakes, pushing that line. Drama sells more papers than the status quo.

1 Like

Interesting listening to Dodoro when talking about the Shiel deal this morning - “hopeful” of getting the deal done by Wednesday’s deadline rather than taking the assertive approach of, “a deal will be done” by then. Strikes me of Dodoro being mindful for not getting the, “hard to deal with” McCartney offside. Mind you, the word “hopeful” portrays doubt which isn’t helping people’s frayed nerves right now!

i think you’re over-analysing it just a teensy bit.

12 Likes

When he said “hopefully” he was just making a light hearted response.

No. It’s part of the negotiation theatre.

If we are definitive that a deal will be done then it implies that we will ultimately accept the deal that GWS is proposing (because we wouldn’t risk missing out on him). By leaving open the possibility that a deal will not be done, we strengthen our position given GWS do not have a viable alternative (they cannot afford to keep him and Carlton and Hawthorn have moved onto other targets).

4 Likes

I don’t know why people have frayed nerves

Disco gets it done without having to pay overs as per last year, and Connors does not have his players nominate unless he knows it gets done.

The Shiel deal is going to happen.

If there is haggling happening it’s just due to complexities of other players / GWS’s hand of picks not being known as their other deals not done

If it was most of blitz pick 11 would have just been handed to Dogs on platter last year because couldn’t hold their nerve in a negotiation, same going for the just give them two firsts calls, thankfully not in charge of our list management.

15 Likes