Oscar Pistorius

Without watching any of it, nor knowing much about the case besides what I've seen on the news, I say he should be jailed for being a gun obsessed lunatic.

I was particularly impressed with his statement about never touching another firearm...lolz, I'm fairly certain the law has already decided that part for him, and seriously, who just shoots blindly through a closed door in their own home? surely you'd call out if you thought there was an intruder in your home, I mean, he was armed to the teeth and obviously had the jump on the "intruder"  He farkin knew it was her in there.

Without going into guilt or innocence, the court/judge will decide on that, I have to say, I have 2 friends that live in South Africa, it is not like here.

Their homes are like a fortress even in a gated community, are always scared that intruders will get in, have more than one gun in their homes, always looking over their shoulder when they go out etc. Don't really know how people can live like that but they do.

Thank goodness they visit me, coz and I have told them, I will never visit them while they are living there.

Just going on what they have told me, as I said above, will leave it up to the court/judge.

Interesting, my SAF colleague says the same thing about security but he reckons Pistorius murdered her.

He moved over here because it's just too violent over there, but his opinion is that if you know how to use a gun you know to be careful about what you shoot.

i saw a doco about how security is conducted over there. in one instance a rich family had to hire a security team, to go to a wedding or a lunch, but they had to go through parts that were dodgy even for SA. The morale of the story was, do not trust anyone in SA, stories of scouts on walkways over the highways who'd alert bandits down said highway of fancy cars to stop to rob, roadside sales people did the same.

it's surreal to think that a nation who's relatively industralised lives like that.

It's bad enough over here when random idiots throw rocks at cars and that on highways for fun, but as a tactic to rob people, just hard to comprehend.

Accidental death.
He has cast enough reasonable doubt and be truly frank and genuinely remorseful in his testimony.

accidental? i want whatever you're on, pazza.
accidental
I don't think so, he's putting on an act
There's also the small matter of the bullets being hollow points........ bullets designed to cause maximum damage.
I wouldn't be reading anything into the hollow points in terms of indicating pre-planning. Most ammunition is hollow point, and I dare say even more so in a country containing big game and dangerous animals. Target shooting at the range is also usually done with hollows because the risk of ricocchette is greatly increased using fully jacketed rounds.
And lol at Pazza! Enough doubt? Because of what the perpetrator said !!?? Unbelievable.

I couldn't help but laugh at the way the prosecutor was hammering him yesterday. Then laugh even more at his response to the head wound picture. It was almost sing-song.

I am aware this may make me a despicable person.

While I maintain his guilt, i think some of the evidence people are taking as proof of his guilt is a bit spurious.

Hollow points! He owned a gun!

Kind of reminds me of: Peptides! Injections!

While I maintain his guilt, i think some of the evidence people are taking as proof of his guilt is a bit spurious.

He meant to kill. Someone, anyone. That was my point.   "Zombie stoppers" don't just wound someone.

Yeah nah. He may well have meant to kill someone, but its neither proven nor disproven by ammo choice. Debatedly, its not even suggestive.

He meant to kill. Someone, anyone. That was my point.   "Zombie stoppers" don't just wound someone.

Well, regardless of ammo, any handgun is a device intended for killing people.  It has no other purpose, and is useless for any hunting/animal management purpose.  Hollow points are just gilding the lily, really.

Prosecution: "Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury... who do you find more attractive? Tom Cruise or Mel Gibson?"

On a serious note I may be a bit too focused on general apathy and hatred of the media since our whole saga this year and last, but the one thing that I have kind of taken issue with is how the media cannot stop concentrating on how beautiful the girl was and how it's such a waste because she was so attractive? OK I can get on board with the youth aspect of it but it's funny how people change just because she was ridiculously hot. Last night at dinner this case got brought up and someone broke up the silence in between points with "gee how beautiful was she though??" to which literally everyone chimed in with a chorus of sombre agreement? WTF? How is it any more tragic just because she was a stunner? 

Sounds so petty or pedantic but it ■■■■■ me no end.

Prosecution: "Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury... who do you find more attractive? Tom Cruise or Mel Gibson?"

Well Mr Pistorius.... I'm not wearing a tie at all. 

On a serious note I may be a bit too focused on general apathy and hatred of the media since our whole saga this year and last, but the one thing that I have kind of taken issue with is how the media cannot stop concentrating on how beautiful the girl was and how it's such a waste because she was so attractive? OK I can get on board with the youth aspect of it but it's funny how people change just because she was ridiculously hot. Last night at dinner this case got brought up and someone broke up the silence in between points with "gee how beautiful was she though??" to which literally everyone chimed in with a chorus of sombre agreement? WTF? How is it any more tragic just because she was a stunner? 

Beautiful people are important. This should be no surprise to you or anyone else. cf. that Irish chick raped/killed in Brunswick vs Jazzy O.

Well at least he didn't inject anybody.....................................Now THAT would have been a crime.

Beautiful people are important. This should be no surprise to you or anyone else. cf. that Irish chick raped/killed in Brunswick vs Jazzy O.

Especially when they're white.

Just lock him up for the fun it. He's a wanker anyway.

What's got 2 legs and kills women?

The Pistorius brothers.

The South African Police have said that Oscar Pistorius may get the electric chair.

If you ask me he was dangerous enough on pair of stilts, never mind giving the c*nt a mobility scooter

Yeah, you can probably stop now.

Has ACA done a story yet?

Also will they take credit for when he gets found guilty?

Hollow points! He owned a gun!

He meant to kill. Someone, anyone. That was my point. "Zombie stoppers" don't just wound someone.
Well, regardless of ammo, any handgun is a device intended for killing people. It has no other purpose, and is useless for any hunting/animal management purpose. Hollow points are just gilding the lily, really.

By that token almost every American could be charged with multiple counts of "intent to kill" cos they've all got handguns over there
In this case I don't think his gun or ammo have anything to do with anything. Be a bit different if it turns out he bought the gun and/or ammo that day

Accidental death.
He has cast enough reasonable doubt and be truly frank and genuinely remorseful in his testimony.

accidental? i want whatever you're on, pazza.
accidental
I don't think so, he's putting on an act
There's also the small matter of the bullets being hollow points........ bullets designed to cause maximum damage.
I wouldn't be reading anything into the hollow points in terms of indicating pre-planning. Most ammunition is hollow point, and I dare say even more so in a country containing big game and dangerous animals. Target shooting at the range is also usually done with hollows because the risk of ricocchette is greatly increased using fully jacketed rounds.
And lol at Pazza! Enough doubt? Because of what the perpetrator said !!?? Unbelievable.

Thats ridiculous Pazza.  You seriously saying the guy who shot and murdered the woman has told his side of events and you think to yourself "Yeh fair enough".  

That poor girl stood no chance, hope Pistorious is humped for eternity with one of his own special weirdo running blades.

Actually both of them at once.