Other UK Football - 'Don't want to be in the EPL anyway..'

What the hell has happened to Fulham!? Premier League six months ago, bottom of the Championship now. Massive Axe about to be wielded by the sounds of it.

2-0 victory for Ipswich last night against Millwall. Good to get back to some winning form.

Looks like buggy has bragging rights over me, not that I give a **k about Millwall, except that they rightfully despise the North Melbourne of English soccer, West Ham. And the day I got to England in 1978, they celebrated by chucking a Hammers fan under a tube train.

What the hell has happened to Fulham!? Premier League six months ago, bottom of the Championship now. Massive Axe about to be wielded by the sounds of it.

Al Fayed left.

New bloke sacked everyone, then sacked the new blokes, and finding that that failed, sacked the new new blokes.

Sounds like they're due for some sackings.

Al Fayed left.

New bloke sacked everyone, then sacked the new blokes, and finding that that failed, sacked the new new blokes.

Sounds like they're due for some sackings.

Kind of sounds like Leeds.. hasn't been so disastrous for us, yet anyway.

Fulham spending 11 million on Ross McCormack says it all though, he was worth 5-6 absolute maximum. 

Very happy with a 3-1 win at Bournemouth last night, first midweek away win for three years! 6 points off top, look out!  :P

Wolves again dominate the opposition and don't put them away drawing 1 all at Charlton. In such an even League it could come back to bite. Need to figure it out up front or get someone in.

Ridiculous game at The City Ground as Forest put away Fulham 5-3. Lead 2-zip at 22 minutes. Trailed 3-2 at 77 and possibly should have been 4-2 down after McCormack missed a chance. Then slammed on three goals in 12 minutes with Asso notching a hatrick.

Ridiculous game at The City Ground as Forest put away Fulham 5-3. Lead 2-zip at 22 minutes. Trailed 3-2 at 77 and possibly should have been 4-2 down after McCormack missed a chance. Then slammed on three goals in 12 minutes with Asso notching a hatrick.

gee, that is an amazing scoreline. Many Championship games been dictated by quality defence this year.

Solskjaer and Magath both sacked by Cardiff and Fulham respectively

Mighty whites up 3-0 against a not-so-mighty Huddersfield. 

Getting absolutely battered by Norwich at Carrow Road... 0-0 at HT.

Brum touched up 8-0 at home by the Cherries

Leeds second (third if you include the bloke who filled in between the two) manager -  or "head coach" as the President likes to refer to them sacked bites the dust after a 2-1 loss at home to Wolves.

Lasted 32 days, 6 games for 3 points. Breaks Brian Clough's record for shortest tenure at Leeds United. Academy boss who stepped in last time and got us 10 points from a possible 12 to be appointed full time, huge loss for the academy but hopefully is what we need and get's backed for a long time. Finally put a pretty good squad together so hopefully can harness a playoffs push.

Wolves have Birmingham this week... should be an interesting encounter after last weeks results. Wolves remind me a little of the Bombers... They lose games they should win (up 3 nil over Millwall last week after an hour and only came away with 1 point being the most recent) and can frustrate. That and their high possession game style...I have quietly started calling them Wolvinghampton on occasion. Equal top of the table with a devastated Birmingham would normally inspire confidence but the local derby could through up anything.

I like to think Leeds remind me of Essendon as well, once mighty and powerful, and a shambles for the last 10 years.

I like to think Leeds remind me of Essendon as well, once mighty and powerful, and a shambles for the last 10 years.

maybe but their owner now... wow. What a special guy. how long would Matthew Knights have lasted under him? or Sheeds or Hirdy? What do you think of him?

Much worse that Essendon. Starting a League One season on -15 points was rock bottom.

The way Cellino is going through managers I'm a chance to take over before the season is over.

Cellino after the Wolves game....

“I have given the order to fire him,” Cellino said.

“I made a mistake with this guy. He is negative, he has a losing mentality. He has three points from six games, that is relegation (form).

“Neil Redfearn will take training on Monday. He is the new head coach, 100 per cent.”

In his 20-year spell with Italian side Cagliari he earned the nickname ‘the manager eater‘ after removing 36 managers.

And since arriving at Leeds in January he has lived up to that reputation - sacking Brian McDermott twice, Hockaday and now Milanic.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/championship-side-leeds-united-sack-manager-darko-milanic-after-just-32-days-in-charge/story-e6frf423-1227102456818

Honestly I quite like Cellino in the fact I think he truly has the clubs best interests at heart, which is something we haven't been able to say about our last few owners, he's shown real genuine ambition for the club. If he buys back Elland Road soon I'll be very happy with what he's done.

Obviously the major negative is that he's a self admitted control freak, hires ■■■■■ managers so he can virtually pick the team and they just take training. It was how he operated when he owned Cagliari, they were playing Serie A for the whole time he had them, so he's sticking with what he knows. I've got little doubt the squad we have has huge potential, and with the right man in the dugout can get us up, more likely next year than this, but so far that's what's let us down. He's a mad stubborn ■■■■■■■, but I think that might make him suited to Leeds! 

Even though we've had slightly better starts in previous years this is the best squad we've had since Howson/Snodgrass/Johnson/Gradel etc were here I think so we'll see what happens. 

The local derby tonight… Wolves v the blues… An exert from an article this week of some of their recent history with Kevin Muscat featuring.

------------------------------------

The rivalry emerged in recent years when Blues and Wolves found themselves scrapping away in the same division for promotion or against relegation.

There was no love lost when Robbie Savage guided Blues‘ to a point at Molineux in a spikey 1-1 draw with a Paul Ince -inspired Wolves in November 2003.

It was Wolves‘ first season in the modern Premier league and first in the English top flight since 1983-84.

The club had been promoted after winning the play-off final at the end of the previous season.

Their return to the top level proved short lived as the team struggled throughout the campaign and were eventually relegated in 20th place, finishing bottom of the division on goal difference, some seven points short of safety.

Steffen Iversen levelled for Wolves in the second-half after Mikael Forssell had given Blues the lead.

In 1995-96, the teams met four times (Wolves won a third round FA Cup replay) in highly competitive encounters.

But the rivalry really exploded when Blues‘ full-back Martin Grainger took exception to Kevin Muscat‘s end-of-game celebration after a Wolves victory at Molineux in December 1999.

Grainger apparently hurtled down the tunnel after Muscat and tried to force his way into the Wolves dressing room. So the return fixture at St Andrew‘s in April was highly-charged, to say the least. Martin O‘Connor was sent-off for elbowing Muscat after he dragged his nails down his neck and chest.

Bryan Hughes was also dismissed in Blues‘ 1-0 win and afterwards Grainger couldn‘t contain himself.

In an explosive interview with the Birmingham Mail, he described Muscat as ‘probably the most hated man in football‘, who would get what was coming to him.

Two years later, Blues won the play-offs after coming back from 2-0 down against Wolves to draw, a result that sparked their unbeaten run all the way to Cardiff glory. Wolves, from that moment, blew an 11-point lead at the top of the Championship.
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolverhampton-wanderers-v-birmingham-city-8023389

Current table in the Championship after 16 games with only 2 games separating 1st and 10th. Some exciting prospects for promotion, the Cherries are in hot form including the 8 nil drubbing of Birmingham last week.

Looking forward to some juicy games coming up this week before the break - AFC Bournemouth at Middlesborough, Notts Forest at Norwich, Wolves at Derby, Watford at Ipswich.

AFC Bournemouth  16  9  3  4  33  16  +17  30  W W W W W 
Middlesbrough  16  9  3  4  26  12  +14  30  W W D L W 
Watford  16  8  5  3  30  18  +12  29  L W D D W 
Derby County  16  8  5  3  28  16  +12  29  W L L W W 
Ipswich Town  16  7  6  3  24  17  +7  27  W W D L D 
Wolverhampton …  16  7  6  3  22  17  +5  27  L D W W D 
Norwich City  16  7  5  4  24  17  +7  26  L W D D L 
Blackburn Rovers  16  7  5  4  26  23  +3  26  D W W W D 
Brentford  16  7  4  5  21  21  +0  25  W W L D D 
Charlton Athletic  16  5  9  2  19  18  +1  24  D D L W L 
Nottingham Forest  16  5  7  4  24  22  +2  22  L L L D L 
Cardiff City  16  6  4  6  21  21  +0  22  L W L W W