Other UK Football - 'Don't want to be in the EPL anyway..'

First win in 9 for Leeds against the might of Blackpool overnight, 3-1. Not sure how much of that was them being useless and how much was us finally having a clue.

Hate international breaks. 

:) normally that would be a yes from me.. however Derby took us (wolves) to the cleaners 5 nil and we have major injury problems with no depth...

Derby look to be a real chance to go up automatically this year. The reports were they were clinical and yes, Wolves were bad, but Derby were very very good.

Still very even comp both up top and down in relegation with only Blackpool gone IMO.

Interesting post on another site about the Championship points. Handy for those who aren't too familiar with the ways of this league and don't know what'll save you from relegation!

106 - Highest Champions Points Total

93 - Highest 2nd Place Points Total (i.e. not Champions)
92 - Average Needed for Champions
86 - Highest 3rd Place Points Total (i.e.not Auto Promoted)
85 - Average Needed For Promotion
81 - Lowest Champions Points Total
79 - Lowest Automatic Promotion Total
74 - Highest 7th Place Points Total (i.e not making Play-offs)
73 - Average Needed for Play-Offs
68 - Lowest Play-off Position Total
63 - Average Needed for Top Half
54 - Highest Points Still Relegated
50 - Average Needed for Survival
44 - Lowest Points Total Survived
32.....Derby
31.....BournemouthMiddlesbrough
30.....Ipswich
29.....Watford
28.....Brentford
27.....BlackburnCharlton, Wolves
26.....Norwich
25.....Nottingham Forrest
23.....Cardiff
21.....Sheffield Wednesday, Reading
20.....LeedsHuddersfield
19.....Fulham
18.....Millwall, Rotherham
17.....Brighton, Bolton
16.....Wigan, Birmingham
7.....Blackpool

Key:
Blue - Champions
Green - 2nd Place
Purple - Playoffs
Orange - Top Half
Red - Relegation

Updated 10/11/2014

Leeds got around 7,000 away fans going to Blackburn this weekend, normally underwhelming performances comes with the huge away followings in recent seasons but 3 poins would be big with a new manager looking to push upwards from here on

Forest showing signs of life again, but this is what we do. Highly promising, then weeks of rubbish, then tantalizing fans once more. Still well in touch with yhe promotion zone but im not holding my breath. Maybe Lansbury has finally come of age. That’ll help.

Forest showing signs of life again, but this is what we do. Highly promising, then weeks of rubbish, then tantalizing fans once more. Still well in touch with yhe promotion zone but im not holding my breath. Maybe Lansbury has finally come of age. That'll help.

Sal, i wouldn't get too excited. the wolves are rubbish and a rabble at the moment. I reckon their form over the last month would have them on the bottom.

Leeds have won 1 in the last 10. Typically still optimistic of a late playoff push. Don't know why I kid myself each year. Fking ■■■■ of a league.

Leeds have won 1 in the last 10. Typically still optimistic of a late playoff push. Don't know why I kid myself each year. Fking ■■■■ of a league.

Same position here. 10 winless games in a row, have won our last two. Its all really familiar unfortunately.

Forest showing signs of life again, but this is what we do. Highly promising, then weeks of rubbish, then tantalizing fans once more. Still well in touch with yhe promotion zone but im not holding my breath. Maybe Lansbury has finally come of age. That'll help.

Sal, i wouldn't get too excited. the wolves are rubbish and a rabble at the moment. I reckon their form over the last month would have them on the bottom.

Nah, not getting excited mate. I'll take the win and move on. If we can string half a dozen together i might start to get up and about again, lol.

Leeds all too familiarly touched up away from home after luring us into some false sense of hope beating Derby last start then taking a one nil lead in the opening minutes. 4-1 Ipswich. Not sure who's more frustrating, the whites or Essendon. 

No, more frustrating are Wolves on a four game losing (thrashing) streak and then being up 1-0 over Bournemouth… Only to lose two men to weak straight red cards and then go down 2-1. The chairman had to apologise after approaching the refs after the final whistle… It’s the wolves of old in the championship this year :slight_smile:

Third Round of the Cup draw done.

4 all EPL ties

Everton v West Ham

Leicester v Newcastle

Burnley v Spurs

Arsenal v Hull

Liverpool have Wimbledon away

United play the winner of Accies v Yeovil away

Leeds v Sunderland 

Third Round of the Cup draw done.
4 all EPL ties
Everton v West Ham
Leicester v Newcastle
Burnley v Spurs
Arsenal v Hull
Liverpool have Wimbledon away
United play the winner of Accies v Yeovil away

■■■■ fixtures, nothing tasty in all of them looking at the entire list.
Hope the Wombles stuff Liverpool.

20 games in and it’s amazing to see Ipswich only a point behind Derby (and therefore in second place). Can’t go counting chickens with so much of the season yet to run, but automatic promotion would be brilliant.

What a FKN goal by Sheff Wednesday

Been avoiding saying much in here, Leeds one point off bottom, just outside relegation. Just need to avoid that damn drop.

Middlesbrough take the win… Very hard for wolves now, Ipswich on the weekend is now a must win.

Insane finish