Our Second Preference For the PSD

Is there any chance Daniel Wells will walk out on the tin rattlers. He'd be handy in the PSD, Sal Cap permitting.

Yeah not opposed to this.

Our rehab group has lost a lot of leadership with Pears living, this year along with Winderlich and Gumb in recent times.

If there is no big fish available… what about Michael Gibbons from Williamstown? Just won the JJ Liston (B&F for VFL) and the Norm Goss (best on) in the VFL Grand Final last year. Is only 21, might be worth a look???

If there is no big fish available... what about Michael Gibbons from Williamstown? Just won the JJ Liston (B&F for VFL) and the Norm Goss (best on) in the VFL Grand Final last year. Is only 21, might be worth a look???
Tell me more ..... in the mature players thread.
Is there any chance Daniel Wells will walk out on the tin rattlers. He'd be handy in the PSD, Sal Cap permitting.

Our rehab group has lost a lot of leadership with Pears living

I didn’t know his injuries were life-threatening, poor bloke.

Yeah we would have been in a much better position had they been terminal

Yeah we would have been in a much better position had they been terminal

?

And even if a deal can't be done all JOM has to do is say he only wants to play with Hawks and everyone else will not pick him up. As soon as they do, his management can challenge the whole concept of the draft and trading system and it will get shut down in court.

Or the AFL can rub him out for draft tampering?

And even if a deal can't be done all JOM has to do is say he only wants to play with Hawks and everyone else will not pick him up. As soon as they do, his management can challenge the whole concept of the draft and trading system and it will get shut down in court.

Or the AFL can rub him out for draft tampering?

Like they did with Luke Ball?

Don’t act like we won’t pick up Josh Green in the PSD with pick 1. He’s exactly the type of player and size of reputation That you’d expect to go thru to the PSD.

Marchbank or any other reasonable uncontracted GWS or GC player.

Keep 1 big stubby of Fanta, pick up some delicious rioli, berry, blake, Hepps topped of with Dea.

Solved

Is a player allowed to nominate for the PSD only!?

Say EFC tale McCluggage with Pick #1.

Could we prior to the draft speak to say McGrath and tell him we’ll take him with Pick 1 in PSD? So he’d stay out out ND and only nominate for PSD.

Prob against the rules but what a steal that could be!!!

Could we prior to the draft speak to say McGrath and tell him we’ll take him with Pick 1 in PSD? So he’d stay out out ND and only nominate for PSD.

Nope. Only AFL listed players are allowed to nominate for only the PSD. Everyone else has to nominate for the ND.

If it were possible, and we pulled it off, we’d get deregistered for a million years for draft tampering. But it’s not anyway:

If I did not nominate for the NAB AFL Draft in November, can I then nominate for the NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft?

No, because part of the eligibility criteria for the NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft is that a player must have been eligible for, but not selected at, the NAB AFL Draft. The only exception is a player who has been delisted from the Primary List by an AFL Club, who can stipulate if their nomination form is to be held over for the Pre-Season Draft.

Source: http://nabafldraftnom.com.au/images/AFL%20Draft%20Booklet%202016.pdf

Edit: see SplitRound’s more concise answer above

If it were possible, and we pulled it off, we’d get deregistered for a million years but draft tampering. But it’s not anyway:

If I did not nominate for the NAB AFL Draft in November, can I then nominate for the NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft?

No, because part of the eligibility criteria for the NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft is that a player must have been eligible for, but not selected at, the NAB AFL Draft. The only exception is a player who has been delisted from the Primary List by an AFL Club, who can stipulate if their nomination form is to be held over for the Pre-Season Draft.

Draft tampering!? That’s a new concept!

Too lazy to check dates, but is even that exception all but irrelevant now: if a club wanted them, they’d sign them as a delisted free agent anyway?

I’d say that if there is nobody left that is genuinely good, we just use another pick in the ND.

A.Heppell

We have picks before the Dogs and should take Ben Long.

Too lazy to check dates, but is even that exception all but irrelevant now: if a club wanted them, they’d sign them as a delisted free agent anyway?

Its still relevant in cases such as JOM club won’t delist him but he is out of contract so if a trade isnt reached he’ll go thru the PSD can’t sign him as a DFA if gc don’t delist him

If it were possible, and we pulled it off, we’d get deregistered for a million years but draft tampering. But it’s not anyway:

Draft tampering!? That’s a new concept!

Pioneered by Elliot Kavanaghs dad