Parcel delivery can do better. Discuss

Youre lucky!

1 Like

That is super annoying. If it’s lodged at the PO or put on the mailbox before cutoff it should absolutely arrive next day. The bins/PO’s are collected from and sent to the nearest PDC. From there they are sent to the various channels and Express post is sent to our facility at the airport where it is sorted at around 6:30pm and loaded on to the aircraft for that night.

Oh, this got picked up at 1pm yesterday so I have no idea why it got stuck.

But yeah. Plebs like me always get shafted in this stuff. Had I known next day was out of the question I would have gone regular parcel. Done the work next weekend.

It’s almost as if you pay extra for express for the chance it might come quickly. Kind of like a boring gamble :joy:

What is the real bugger though right now is I have stuff to do today, do I believe the expected delivery today claim and stay home so I don’t miss the delivery, or do I accept it’s stuck in the sand at Christie’s and do the stuff I need to do?

PM me the tracking number and I will make a few calls on my next break

5 Likes

I had two parcels to be shipped from the same address in Florida, so I thought I would do the experiment, and test DHL (which I trust) and FedEx (which is good in US but RS in Australia). Both parcels were shipped last week (Thursday our time).

FedEx’s parcel arrived in Sydney on Saturday and spent the next three days there. They said it would arrive by Thursday (ie yesterday). It arrived Wednesday.

DHL’s parcel arrived in Perth yesterday morning after transiting via Amsterdam. They say it will be delivered by 5pm today.

So all in all, pretty good service. Like Aceman said, DHL not so good once the package arrives in Australia. But previously they got a package to me from the UK quicker than one from MEL sent by another courier.

So was it the chicken or the egg???

I thought you assigned benfti to resolve that issue…

Good science is repeatable.

1 Like

Surprised that ppl are having problems with Aus post… living in Darwin I am forced to buy most things online and am really pleased when its being delivered by AP. Easy to track and you get a message that it is coming that day. If I am not home I just go around the cnr to the PO to pick it up. If any other co is delivering i have to travel 30 kms to get it.

I’m having a truly bizarre experience with AP at the moment, if it wasn’t for ace I wouldn’t know what’s going on. The online chat help has been frankly condescending.

I only hear this song when i’m in this thread now.

He got a quick turnaround though.

yeah… this has not gone well :rofl:

so yeah, didnt turn up next day

So it only scanned once from pick up and now pretty much no one I speak to knows where it is. They are not willing to accept that it’s lost… yet…, they apparently cant to that until it’s been effectively missing for a week. Which is annoying as id like to raise that investigation now but i have to wait.

I keep repeatedly being emailed a statement that Express Post guarantee has been suspended due to Covid. Im going to assume this is to protect them from any further complaints, or potential breach of service.

What’s annoying is what has been sent is a pick up in a colour that best as i can tell is the last one available anywhere in Aus, I spoke to the guy who sold it to me this morning and hes said the company (Dimarzio, distributed by AMS) aren’t expecting there next shipment until May. So have capital tied up in this guitar, waiting on this part so i can repair it and move it on.

It’s very frustrating.

1 Like

This thread would deliver a whole lot more of you guys posted what you are getting.

Pics pls

Had a delivery this morning via AusPost. Would it kill them to ring the doorbell?? I’ve been working from home for almost 11 months and I reckon it happens at least 20% of the time.

The other thing I love is when it goes to the wrong address. One delivery went next door (we both have our numbers on the front of our houses, so I don’t know how that happens). Another went who knows where, but a few days later some random lady placed it on our front porch (security camera picked her up).

1 Like

If it is a “safe drop” permitted parcel the delivery persons are under no requirement to ring the doorbell. Basically drop and run

Update; found and coming today! Phew!

2 Likes

No requirement… except for common courtesy. :confused:

Not saying they have to wait. Just ring and go.

After years of getting abused some drivers become a little hesitant.
We had one at our depot that rang a doorbell last week on a safe drop item and this bloke came out and abused the hell out of him. Called him a dumb kent for and swore at him for not just leaving it and that he was on an important zoom call. Drivers that have been on a route/area for awhile should know which ones are like that but different drivers will often just do what the parcel delivery instructions say

1 Like

Fair enough. A bit of a thankless job, even though I do make a point of thanking them!