Parcel delivery can do better. Discuss

I’ve had them do the “drop it and run” for packages that actually required a signature on receipt.

ALWAYS report it

1 Like

I’m always in two minds about reporting it when the delivery guys slack off - my driveway is huge and steep and awful, and a solid 90% of the time they don’t even bother trying to deliver packages that don’t fit easily in the letterbox, they just drop a card and bugger off. Problem is that I’ve got a nasty feeling that reporting the individual would just mean that the low guy on the totem pole gets written up or hauled over the coals while the people who set him ridiculous performance targets that are only achievable under ideal conditions just carry on their merry way counting their money.

1 Like

an unopened box of basketball cards aint that interesting.

2 Likes

our postie copped deaththreats from some meth addicted tradie a few months into lockdown. 100% don’t care if they drop and i get a notification.

if its a ‘no one was home’ when ive been home since march thats when i have a sook.

An opened one wouldn’t be either.

1 Like

Depends what era.

Yahoo News Australia

Australia Post customers debate ‘10 second rule’ after delivery fail

Nadine Carroll

Nadine Carroll

15 February 2021, 6:04 pm

An Australian Post customer has taken to social media to complain that her postie is too quick to leave a collection notice after knocking on her door to deliver a parcel.

The woman based in North Lakes in Queensland shared in a Facebook group that she had “rushed down” after hearing a knock at the door but by the time she arrived the postie was long gone and had left a card requiring her to pick up the parcel from a nearby Post Office.

The postie’s actions sparked a heated debate in the group about how long was the appropriate time for a delivery person to wait for a customer to answer the door before leaving a calling card, with many claiming they had experienced a similar issue.

The customer said she rushed downstairs after hearing a knock but the Australia Post delivery person had left in a hurry, leaving behind a collection notice. Source: Facebook

People call on Australia Post to ‘get their act together’

“Same thing just happened to me,” another person wrote.

“I had the same issue but my front door was opened and I have a video door bell. A collection note was left with no knock etc. Australia post need to get their act together,” one person replied.

One of the members of the group claimed to be a delivery driver and shared that drivers where he works are instructed to wait 10 seconds once they knock, before leaving a collection notice. Although he didn’t work for Australia Post many people suggested they may follow a similar rule.

“We do knock and if you don’t answer the door within 10 seconds, then we’ll write out a card,” the man claimed.

The alleged “10 second rule” did not sit well with many people in the group who said it didn’t seem like enough time for anyone to get to their front door.

“10 seconds. That’s a joke yeah?” one person asked.

Tactic slammed as ‘very discriminatory’

One person said the time limit would be unrealistic for people with mobility issues.

“That is not enough time for a disabled person to get to the door. Then you leave a card and the person might not be able to get to the post office. That’s very discriminatory,” a member wrote.

“What about the posties that have the cards already filled out? Not all of them knock, then write them out,” one person claimed.

Australia Post customers think posties can be too quick to knock and run when delivering parcels. Source: AAP

An Australia Post spokesperson told Yahoo News Australia while there is no ‘10 second rule’ for posties, but they are instructed to follow a different procedure for delivering parcels.

“Our posties and drivers are instructed to knock at the door three times and call out before leaving a card or safe-dropping a parcel,” the spokesperson explained but didn’t specify a time limit.

The spokesperson also explained the family pooch may be the reason some customers never receive a knock on the door and are just left with a collection notice.

“Sometimes our people will leave a card without knocking because of access or safety issues – such as an off-leash dog – and this could happen even when a customer is home.”

Must have been on the red eye to Perth lol!

1 Like

This package I ordered mid January made it all the way to Sydney from Colorado and two days ago I got an update saying it was on its way to me @ Bowral but I guess it liked San Francisco so much it wanted to go back there !!!

February 17, 2021, 11:14 am
Processed Through Regional Facility
SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item was processed through our SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on February 17, 2021 at 11:14 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
February 17, 2021, 8:08 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
February 17, 2021, 8:08 am
Arrived at Regional Facility
February 17, 2021, 6:23 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
February 11, 2021, 11:35 am
Departed
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
February 9, 2021, 11:30 pm
Departed
SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES
February 8, 2021, 3:06 pm
Departed
CHICAGO, UNITED STATES
February 5, 2021, 10:46 pm
Arrived
CHICAGO, UNITED STATES
February 5, 2021, 9:19 am
Processed Through Regional Facility
CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 27, 2021
In Transit to Next Facility
January 23, 2021, 9:36 am
January 23, 2021, 9:36 am
Arrived at Regional Facility
January 22, 2021, 4:19 pm
January 22, 2021, 3:23 pm
Departed USPS Facility
AURORA, IL 60502
January 22, 2021, 2:20 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
AURORA, IL 60502
January 22, 2021, 12:42 pm
January 22, 2021, 4:02 am
OMAHA NE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 21, 2021, 11:20 am
OMAHA NE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 19, 2021, 4:45 pm
Departed Post Office
LONGMONT, CO 80501
January 19, 2021, 2:30 pm
USPS in possession of item
LONGMONT, CO 80501
January 17, 2021, 2:51 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
LONGMONT, CO 80504

3 Likes

Placed an order last Friday and had the delivery coming yesterday (Wed) from just across town with AP. Free shipping, so standard service but with tracking. Tracking info said repeatedly that the seller insisted on a signature on delivery, or it would go to the local PO. I wasn’t fussed, but I went home a bit early so that I could collect the card and go down to the PO to get it. Get to the top of the driveway and there it is under the carport. I can only wonder if the acreage property and steep 80m driveway caused the postie to think it was safe enough, but previously they’ve not left stuff of lesser value. Anyway, I get parcels delivered pretty regularly by various carriers and have never had an issue worth complaining about.

I ordered an item from the US off Amazon.
I didn’t want to wait 2+ weeks for it despite qualifying for Free Shipping, so I relented and paid the reasonable Express Delivery Fee of $14.

It was Shipped at 10.21am (Melb time) last Friday, and arrived at my place Monday arvo.
Amazing !

1 Like

That is amazing who was the carrier? I have paid extra for FedEx express deliver (3-4 days from USA to AUS) but it took 10 days.

ups

The expected delivery day when purchase was made (Friday) was Wednesday the following week, which I was okay with.
They achieved it 2 days earlier…IMPRESSIVE

Dad ordered some car parts. Delivery to suburban Melbourne.

Picked up Pascoe Vale 3pm
Transit to Brisbane 5:30pm

Uhhhh…

The best $14 you would have ever spent. Impressive service.

Much better than USPS. Check this out. I got a parcel sent from San Francisco to Sarasota FL. It got there in 4 days, but a week later, USPS keeps driving it around in a loop of 120+ miles:

February 17, 2021, 7:18 pm Departed SAN FRANCISCO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 20 2021 In Transit to Next Facility
February 21, 2021, 12:07 pm Arrived at USPS YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 21, 2021, 7:00 pm Departed YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 21, 2021, 8:12 pm Arrived at USPS SARASOTA FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 22, 2021, 1:57 am Departed USPS SARASOTA FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 22, 2021, 10:16 am Arrived at USPS Facility SARASOTA, FL 34231
February 23, 2021, 1:29 am Arrived at USPS YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 23, 2021, 4:24 am Departed USPS YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 23, 2021, 5:17 am Arrived at USPS SARASOTA, FL 34230
February 23, 2021, 5:29 am Arrived at USPS SARASOTA, FL 34238
February 23, 2021, 5:51 am Arrived at USPS SARASOTA, FL 34231
February 23, 2021, 8:09 am Departed USPS SARASOTA, FL 34231
February 23, 2021, 10:58 pm Arrived at USPS YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 24, 2021, 4:28 am Departed USPS YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 24, 2021, 5:50 am Arrived at USPS SARASOTA, FL 34231

They have had it at the destination now FOUR times (at least - they logged it more than that) but keep driving it around FL. Fkg idiots! What’s the bet it goes on another round trip?

1 Like

Here’s the follow-up. What will those farkwits in Sarasota do next?

February 24, 2021, 8:13 am Arrived at Post Office SARASOTA, FL 34231

Well that’s a good sign. It has never got as far as the Post Office there before.

But wait:

February 24, 2021, 9:42 am Departed USPS Facility SARASOTA, FL 34231

What? How did it get back there??? Just don’t send it to Ybor!

February 25, 2021, 1:47 am Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Merde!

Is this the most incompetent organization in the world???

DHL, first class in INT delivery. A follow up text to say it was left at the front door.

[All Shipment Updates](javascript:void(0):wink:

Friday

• 09:55 Local time | Delivered - Signed for by: ATL FDR| MELBOURNE

Friday

• 08:11 Local time | With delivery courier| MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA
  • 06:40 Local time | Shipment on hold| MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA
  • Arrived at Delivery Facility in MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA| MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA
  • 05:47 Local time | Departed Facility in MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA| MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA
  • 03:19 Local time | Processed at MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA| MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA
  • 02:58 Local time | Arrived at Sort Facility MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA| MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA

Thursday

• 19:02 Local time | Departed Facility in SYDNEY - AUSTRALIA| SYDNEY - AUSTRALIA
  • 12:13 Local time | Shipment on hold| SYDNEY - AUSTRALIA
  • 08:50 Local time | Processed at SYDNEY - AUSTRALIA| SYDNEY - AUSTRALIA
  • 08:29 Local time | Clearance processing complete at SYDNEY - AUSTRALIA| SYDNEY - AUSTRALIA
  • 07:52 Local time | Arrived at Sort Facility SYDNEY - AUSTRALIA| SYDNEY - AUSTRALIA

Wednesday

• 21:06 Local time | Customs status updated| SYDNEY - AUSTRALIA
  • 18:29 Local time | Departed Facility in NARITA - JAPAN| NARITA - JAPAN
  • 18:27 Local time | Transferred through NARITA - JAPAN| NARITA - JAPAN

Tuesday

• 13:34 Local time | Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY| LEIPZIG - GERMANY
  • 13:31 Local time | Transferred through LEIPZIG - GERMANY| LEIPZIG - GERMANY
  • 11:11 Local time | Shipment on hold| LEIPZIG - GERMANY
  • 03:14 Local time | Customs status updated| MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA
  • 01:43 Local time | Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK| EAST MIDLANDS - UK

Monday

• 22:47 Local time | Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK| EAST MIDLANDS - UK
  • 21:59 Local time | Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK| EAST MIDLANDS - UK
  • 20:36 Local time | Departed Facility in MANCHESTER - UK| MANCHESTER - UK
  • 16:48 Local time | Processed at MANCHESTER - UK| MANCHESTER - UK
  • no time given | Shipper has generated a shipment label, but the shipment has not yet been handed over to DHL| MANCHESTER - UK

Dhl express yea. Dhl global mail. Holy ■■■■ so bad.