Pass mark 2015 - What are your expectations of the team?

A reply to: @localbomber regarding QuoteLink

I don't think we are Top 4 yet. We haven't even won a final in 10 years or so.

We need to make finals and start winning them, then we will challenge.

The recruitment of older senior players was not about winning a premiership, it’s insurance in case we lose players for any games in 2015.

Since this would quite obviously be an insufficient strategy given the mathematics of a suspended player scenario - one might assume you are being intentionally inflammatory.

top 4. weve been up there the last few years and then we drop off dramatically.
game wise, MORE GOALS

Top 4 and not to lose to melbourne or st kilda is a pass mark for me.

Top 8.

Win a final, anything less is a fail

Quoted Post

I'm not a lid on person but top 4?

Sydney, Freo, the Hawks and Port will be the contenders this year.

North and the Suns (with Gary Ablett…) will be competitive and pushing like us. The Tigers might jag a few again.

Then there are our traditional bogey teams that we never handle well, the Pies, Carlton and Melbourne that all love taking points off us.

The Eagles and the Crows can always surprise and have standout seasons and when on are unbeatable at home.

I’d love for us to breakthrough, but I think it’ll be more of the same.

Its interesting… if we improve to say, top 4 with a view of pushing for a flag in the 2 years after that, with the age of our top players we certainly won’t be seeing a dynasty. It’ll be a one-off one year tilt IMO.

I hope we make finals and win a final to just give ourselves a chance at a Prelim.

Put a fork in Freo, their window is shut.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

North and the Suns (with Gary Ablett…) will be competitive and pushing like us. The Tigers might jag a few again.

Then there are our traditional bogey teams that we never handle well, the Pies, Carlton and Melbourne that all love taking points off us.

The Eagles and the Crows can always surprise and have standout seasons and when on are unbeatable at home.

Its interesting… if we improve to say, top 4 with a view of pushing for a flag in the 2 years after that, with the age of our top players we certainly won’t be seeing a dynasty. It’ll be a one-off one year tilt IMO.

I hope we make finals and win a final to just give ourselves a chance at a Prelim.

I agree. Freo are gone and won’t be top 4 contenders this year.

But Port, Swans and Hawks are all locks for top 4 for me. It’s them and then a significant gap to a group that includes us. It’s going to be a tough fight for that last top 4 spot.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

But Port, Swans and Hawks are all locks for top 4 for me. It’s them and then a significant gap to a group that includes us. It’s going to be a tough fight for that last top 4 spot.

Although Port played awesome footy last year and showed the league of their fitness they also unveiled themselves of how fit you need to be and their game plan. I have them in the top 4, but being a young team wouldn’t surprise me if they finished 5-8 either.

Win a final.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Although Port played awesome footy last year and showed the league of their fitness they also unveiled themselves of how fit you need to be and their game plan. I have them in the top 4, but being a young team wouldn’t surprise me if they finished 5-8 either.

They were a kick away from a flag last year.

We are nothing but pretenders until we are able to win a finals game. Its all I’ve wanted for a few years now and last season we should have done it but choked. All things considered, should we make top 4, I’d be expecting us to make a prelim. If we end up 5-8 then atleast win a final.

top 4 this year or at worst 5-6 with equal games as top 4’s

A reply to: @FTWinderlich regarding QuoteLink

Top 4 and not to lose to melbourne or st kilda is a pass mark for me.
Fixed... Aim high I say

win a final and not get blown out in the 2nd

anything else is a failure

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Did you see the Hawks play? Port’s not beating that.

I thought they played the swans in the GF?

I must need glasses.

A reply to: @Serenity Now regarding QuoteLink

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

I’m sure that was the point.

They actually were a kick off beating that.

A reply to: @Paul Peos regarding QuoteLink

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

I meant in the GF.

A reply to: @Paul Peos regarding QuoteLink
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

I meant in the GF.
Which Hawthorn only made by a kick, over Port. Feel like I've said this before...

What I am saying is Port could easily have gotten in over Hawthorn.
Did you see the Hawks play Port? Hell, not just could, they should have won, dominated the Hawks for 3.9 in the 1st quarter, and finished with all the running - and in my opinion they would’ve accounted for Sydney just as comfortably as Hawthorn did.

Port were a kick away from a flag.

Fark Port even if they were a kick away…

They’ve risen up the ranks way too quickly for my liking whereas we’ve been building for the top 4 for 10 years now.
That should be us being talked about as one of the “top 3 locks”, I’m livid it’s friggin tarp city.

Hope we beat them again.
Hope body bags ragdolls Monfries another half a dozen times then gets swung forward and kicks a BAG!
Hope Ryder doesn’t get a single tap away from Bellcho.
Hope I don’t have to see Wingard’s ‘WWF The Rock’ alter-ego after he kicks a goal.

Did I miss anything? And yes, I might be a little jealous of the basket case who are a lock for top 4 that sing an INXS song that has bugger all relevance to them.
Should of been: The Rolling Stones - Start Tarp Me Up