Patton Pending

Would love to get Jack Martin in the red and black.

4 Likes

Dunno about that swap. Can Patton do this?

or this?

5 Likes

I doubt it. That one from Baguley was pretty special. Bruce would have loved to call that one.

GENERAL
JON
PATTON

ON THE MARCH

3 Likes

NO!!!

FF: PATTON
CHF: STEWART

2 Likes

Living in a world where Draper leaves Essendon is fkn disgusting.

3 Likes

Why would Draper even want to leave? Does anyone doubt he will get opportunities? He would have this year if not for his injury.

1 Like

If I were a St Kilda fan, Iā€™d be having major worries about their list manager offering this sort of deal straight after the Hannebery one.

I understand they have to pay through the nose to attract players though.

1 Like

Especially when you consider how good a player Rowan Marshall is developing into. No way they would play Sammy Marshall together.

And they do have a few tall forwards already, even with Max King injured. You still have Bruce, Membrey and Battle (whoā€™s plugged in at CHB this year because of Carlisleā€™s absence). Membrey is really Stringer-size though.

1 Like

Marshall and King would make a very decent ruck combo for the next decade or so. Surround them with the nice mix of mediums and smalls that they are already filtering into their starting 22 and their forward line will start looking very good.

Apparently they want to use Marshall in the forward line more, which makes no sense to me. Draper, Marshall and King would be too tall especially considering the other guys youā€™ve mentioned, although I guess some of those guys could be deployed in defence.

Then thereā€™s the whole McCartin issue, that is probably heading toward a bad outcome for all parties.

It seems like a misuse of $$ and picks which could be better spent elsewhere where they need it more.

I was thinking McCartin had retired due to the head knocksā€¦may not be true.

considering on form he was probably ready to get games last year, and was overlookd multiple times this year before doing his knee, there is sufficient evidence that yes all things being equal heā€™d have doubts about getting oppotunities.

or do you think they are just going to keep belly and clarke as the only ruck options until he gets to a spot the coaches rate him enough to play him ?

Heā€™s out indefinitely, retirement would be a very real possibility.

Iā€™ll be surprised if he plays again (P McCartin).

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a Hannebery and through the nose joke in there but I donā€™t wanna make itā€¦

Thereā€™s a line, you know.

3 Likes

Wouldnā€™t want to snorā€¦ I mean, cross it.

Surely it must take a lot out of you to find these new levels of pessimism/negativity?