Paul Connors' Kellypalooza 2017

I’d give up ambrose, Hartley or Brown and 1st for Kelly.

2 Likes

he has plenty of upside, and we have cover in that area. Could work out for both parties

We couldn’t do that deal fast enough and there is no way they’d take it. Ambrose or Francis and a first rounder would get us closer.

Kelly and hopper would go a long way to solving our midfield woes.

1 Like

I agree. They’d want somebody with huge upside. Lang, Lav, Francis.

What they need is Raz or Tippa, but no chance

With those two they’re solved

1 Like

Lol GWS need backs so we offer up Ambrose and Hartley.

You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think the negotiations start with Hurley. I’m not saying we need to give up Hurley to get Kelly. But given Kelly could be top 5 player good, GWS will be starting pretty high.

Franga?

When has a trade like this ever had a player of Hurley’s quality ever gone back in return?
GWS won’t get that from any club, they don’t have the upper hand in the trade

1 Like

And they wouldn’t be able to afford his new contract.

1 Like

Boyd for Griffen who was captain at the time and mid twenties griffen was a very good footballer.

Judd trade included Kennedy.

The other super movements, Ablett, Franklin and Danger weren’t really trades.

Kelly is one of if not the best young midfielders in the comp. He isn’t goning to be traded cheaply.

1 Like

Also upper hand is a bit of a furphy these days. There is a lot of pressure on clubs to complete the deal and not leave players high and dry. Carlisle and Omeara trades are good recent examples, of where clubs had a lot of pressure put on them to find adequate value.

They will most certainly start with someone like Hurley plus a first round pick. Which we say NFW. Counter first round pick and who ever they want from Hartly, Ambro, or Brown. I still don’t think we would get it done. Perhaps throw in Colyer?

Essendon: Kelly & GWS second round pick 2017
GWS: Hartley & Essendon first round picks 2017 & 2018

You have to convince the player to go up there as well, you just can’t pull a name out of your ■■■ and offer him up.
Forget Kelly, wont be happening for us.

No, Ablet and Franklin were FA, Danger was very much a trade. Could Jerrett be the new… Gore I think it was??

Griffen was demanding a trade to GWS at the time.

Why would we throw Hartley into that deal?
Treloar was two first round picks with a second coming back. The Kelly deal will be similar.

2 Likes

He was a trade but it looked like a bit of a gentlemans agreement too. The FA compo clearly wasn’t enough, but from memory a fair deal was offered and accepted pretty quickly without any argy bargy.

That was for if they asked for Hurley first, and we declined, what we could offer instead.