Photos you‘ve taken

Only good thing about working at Geelong atm is that the early morning departure forces you to be awake for sunrise, lol.

7 Likes

Neoporteria multicolor

4 Likes

Black Saturday from my Long EZ.

From the air, what amazed me was the few houses that were spared in Marysville… Luck… It was like the result of WW1 era airborne bombing campaign. Some hit, some missed. Additionally, the large areas of green in the middle of black carnage. Spared regions without reason. It was like veins of black into the bush. 173 people perished. May they RIP.

4 Likes

a lot of Aurora activity on the coast and anywhere dark and facing South tonight.SWS - Aurora

1 Like

Tragic on so many fronts - human loss, animal loss, habitat loss, homes, belongings, personal treasures and more.
We lived in the Dandenong Ranges area and could see fires and smoke in three different directions. It was totally surreal and scary.
We had a friend in Marysville whose home miraculously survived.

2 Likes

I generally don’t share bad photos but this one is one of the most unfortunate shot gone wrong photos I’ve taken.

9 Likes

pretty clean for iso10,000 i reckon.

9 Likes

NR?

Dropped someone off at the department of defence.

Not everyday you get to see a Chinook.

3 Likes

CSA - if anyone is looking to move into the Sony system and want a compact full frame body, JB have the A7c on sale for $1999 . I’m not a Sony shooter, but couple that to one of the 40/2.5 or 50/2.5 primes and you’d have a pretty damn good little pairing for general use.

Not as small but in some ways superior, there are also good deals on the now superceded Panasonic S5 , $2100 would get you the body and very decent 20-60 kit lens.

11 Likes

You should repost this in the dog thread. Beautiful.

Is it just me, or is that just far too many volts?

Grawin opal fields, NSW

19 Likes

“iT’s NoT voLTs tHAt KiLl tHoUgH…”

Watts he up to?

You’d be shocked to find out.

Wonder what’s in the backpack?

Very few buildings got missed. But None of the deciduous trees burned. A firefighter who was on the first street towards Narbethong with 5(?) tankers told me when they saw a 100 ft wall of flames they turned tail to help evacuate people to the footy oval, rather than stay and die for no good reason. Said as they were ushering people (some tragically confused and going back to get something they thought was important) there were flaming branches (wrist thick he said) not just embers falling from the hurricane-like winds - and the embers were showering and lighting up dry leaves under barge boards etc. some houses were alight in seconds rather than minutes, and nothing to do with a fire front going from A to B to C in a progressive line. So pretty much like your aerial bombing analogy.

By a miracle, the fire effectively jumped over Buxton on the way up the Steavenson valley.

3 Likes
9 Likes