Photos you‘ve taken

Any junior footy-player knows that if you play at this ground, and the opposition have the wind in the last, you try to kick the ball into the stream.

i probably put some of these up in the last thread

When we bought our house the previous owners left this plant in a pot. My wife planted it and this is the first year it has flowered. Took nearly 2 decades but worth the wait I think.

I think it's some sort of Sempervivum.

I can't tell you what it is but I've got a whole front yard full of those ■■■■■■■.

this one is silly, but little miss ivan wanted to take pictures of her teddy the other day. I am amazed by the quality of macro shot you can get out of a smart phone

Tyson !

Bags when he was just a vfl player getting the job done every single week, before he became an Afl player getting the job done every single week.

I've seen a few new cameras now with 0cm macro, i.e. you can put the object onto the lens itself!

Soon.

You guys have taken some great photos. Seeing as most of the time I do nothing at work I decided to learn how to use the settings on my camera.

Rialto and Southern Cross Station

[url=http://s65.photobucket.com/user/goonbag90/media/Misc/SAM_5411_zps5f53932a.jpg.html]

[/URL]

I took this from behind my upstairs window after mucking around for about half an hour with the camera settings. It was sposed to be in preparation for the orange moon, but then of couse we couldn't see it. This was the original.

[url=http://s65.photobucket.com/user/goonbag90/media/Misc/SAM_5348_zpsa1899e40.jpg.html]

[/URL]

Then I edited afterwards to make it a bit darker, not sure which is "better".

[url=http://s65.photobucket.com/user/goonbag90/media/Misc/SAM_5349_zps3369265e.jpg.html]

[/URL]

Also, what do you lot do for tripods? I don't have one, but was considering getting a gorillapod. Anyone know much about them?

?

The internal monologue of the bear.

I'm suggesting that this pic is a little creepy.

The internal monologue of the bear.

I'm suggesting that this pic is a little creepy.

kinda is isn't it

You guys have taken some great photos. Seeing as most of the time I do nothing at work I decided to learn how to use the settings on my camera.
…

Also, what do you lot do for tripods? I don't have one, but was considering getting a gorillapod. Anyone know much about them?

I admit I rarely fiddle more than exposure time… you‘d think the nerd in me would want to learn all the rest. But I do make a lot of effort to find interesting heights/angles/framing!
Even the smallest of tripods can make low-light photos soooo much better (examples to come, I love me some night shots). Just make sure you get one of appropriate size for your camera‘s size/weight.

On the topic of quizzical horses, here‘s one way up a hill overlooking the Sacred Valley in Peru.

‘Wait, you came all the way up here from down there, through those horribly slippery mud patches?‘

And here‘s Dopey‘s mate, the next day.

Pretty spectacular country up three isn’t it, mountains!

Wheres the alpacas? 

13 February 2009, resting the camera against the railing of the Latrobe Street bridge after the NAB Cup fire relief match.

Would love to go to Peru. On my list.

Wheres the alpacas?

There‘s a few pixels dedicated to them in one of those shots at the start of the thread!
But if you insist on Peruvian alpacas rather than Bolivian ones…