Photos you‘ve taken

Hill Inlet, back of Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Is, late September.

Thanks, bltn!

Now I need to fetch back all those images from Photobucket.

1 Like

Indeed they have. The small point and shoot market is basically dead in the water due to camera phones.

So the big market now for the traditional (and to a lesser extent more recent ones like Sony) camera brands is the top end, semi pro gear. Its becoming more clever, but more expensive.

But there are hints that this itself is reopening a market for more simple, retro feeling cameras again. Film is slowly reappearing, though it will never be what it was. I recently picked up this old girl - a german made interchangeable RangeFinder that didn’t come out of Leitz! - in part as a collection interest but also as a promise to use it:

1957 vintage, No metering, max shutter speed of 1/500, no iso dx coding, optical rangefinder focusing… hmmm, I foresee a lot of wasted film, lol. But hey, its a nice thing to own if you like camera’s. absolute bare essentials.

. Fuji are doing well off traditional layout cameras. Leica have always been expensive and niche, but the latest M10 sticks to the three key items - Iso, Shutter, Aperture - ditches a lot of ancillary functions and is loved by its users.

Interesting times.

1 Like

I’ve been away from Australia the best part of a year and seeing this really made me feel homesick. Idk why but I just think this pic is really lovely :slight_smile:

1 Like

That there is what our flag could look like.

2 Likes

Photobucket’s still around?

Imgur is the only way to go.

In my defence, it was dark and I was 100 metres away and (some) people were rocking out with their ■■■■■ out in the rather flimsy grandstand.

This is one of the better ones.

3 Likes

Enjoying the sun in the Chinese Gardens…

3 Likes

1 Like

10 Likes

:metal:
From tonight?

Yep. From my garage. Was a bit too much rain for a clearer view.

1 Like

You got the last one in Raw by any chance?

I do. Would you like it?

1 Like
5 Likes

Took this while I was out playing golf last weekend.

4 Likes

Used the download icon but when I posted it only showed the photo file description not the photo???

had to at least try. #needalongerlensthough

16 Likes

Snice :slight_smile:

Sunset at my place ,tonight.
Technical information for all the camera nerds out there … I took the photo with an I phone !!!

8 Likes