5 Likes

Docklands

6 Likes

Callum Murray at Lorne Pier.IMG_2073

6 Likes

Love the angles mate.

Could also be rule of thirds perhaps?

Great shot in any case.

I was in Victoria St near Vic market yesterday morning. Amazing to see a river flowing.

4 Likes

It’s always about the light, I guess, but in this one it’s REALLY all about the light.

1 Like

Took some snaps on the Cairns waterfront yesterday…

6 Likes

The tree pic is spectacular

Cheers. I like that one too.

2 Likes

Well, it was the course of a creek in the old days…Williams Creek?

Elizabeth St has flooded many times.

That forest track pic…all I can say is WOW!!!

1 Like

In between my two Brown goal photos, I took these:

First, one for Sal:

Some photos are easy:

Focus isn’t perfect. In my defence I couldn’t see the screen!

They’re evil, I tell ya. EVIL.

A frankenbusminer at Coober Pedy:

Some angles are easy. Still, most people miss them.

At least I’m not one of those tossers taking shots through champagne flutes.

For a person whose life motto might be “go places, climb things, and take photos” it was hard not being a King Richard. At this particular moment the wind was up anyway – hence the distinctive empty shot.

Took me waaaaay too long to get an adequate shot at Field of Dreams. Need to learn my camera better (including in pitch black!)

7 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

Gotta love Macedon.

First time i’ve actually been up there!

Out of interest if anyone knows the answer, the first picture I would’ve liked the foreground to be brighter as the blue sky was way brighter than anything else.

What setting should I be changing to make that adjustment without overexposing the sky?

Some cameras will allow adjustment of the tone curve, so you could boost shadows up a bit.

Or you can do that in post processing.

Or it may have a hdr mode in camera.

Or buy a graduated ND filter.

Or shoot raw, keep an eye on the histogram , push exposure until you’re almost losing the highlights then pull them back slightly in post.

I actually think you may have started to overexpose the top of the cross before losing the sky. Just looking on the phone.

2 Likes

I do have HDR but from memory I don’t think it allowed me to shoot in JPG+RAW mode. Only JPG mode.