Plastic bags

Coles have copped a knock to the calf…

1 Like

Hey, for those peeps who use 10 bags for 15 items, that’s $1.50 added! Can’t put the toilet paper with the bananas. The corn flakes box barely fits in the bag by itself, but well get it in there anyway. Oh, the dish detergent needs its own bag too, etc etc

1 Like

Anyway, … won’t someone think of the bags in all this??

They have feelings too …

4 Likes

Aldi might charge for bags but the amount of plastic packaging they use on some prepackaged items like mushrooms and zucchini is obscene.

I shop for fruit and veg at a greengrocer. Nearly all items remain loose and it gets packed into a box. Return the boxes the following week. Besides packaging, I prefer to support small business.

4 Likes

Why are the continental cucumbers wrapped in plastic?

1 Like

Thank Faark they’re back.

I try and use this when I can.
Don’t always have everything, in which case I’ll go to the local grocer.
You can occasionally find free stuff as well.
https://www.ripenear.me/

3 Likes

Didn’t Tim Minchin sort this out fifteen years ago?

Ok smartarse, were the barrels used in Snowtown bio degradable?

2 Likes

It’s actually a bilby hat.

2 Likes

cos wogs wrap their couches in plastic.

2 Likes

Same thing.
Chafing.

*getting coat now

Yep. Besides, if you’re doing it right, you really should have ■■■■ all in the bin anyway.

1 Like

Strange thing about the ban on single use plastic bags is that I can go to Woolworths and buy 3.6 litres of water contained in 6 plastic bottles with 6 plastic lids contained in a cardboard box wrapped in shrink wrapped plastic but can’t have a plastic bag to carry it in.

4 Likes

Amazingly cynical move by Coles.

Are they concerned with annoying their customers? No course not. Woolies and IGA have already removed their bags too, so no matter where you go you can’t get bags.

What bringing the bags back is actually about is Coles winning over the 2% lunatic fringe who are so annoyed about the bag ban that they might actually switch from Woolies and IGA etc.

Totally deliberate and they probably planned it months and months out.

1 Like

A guy at work left his shopping in the line at one supermarket last week because the lady in front of him was getting three free bags and he wasnt going to get one. Went across to the opposition. This is the kind of moron we are dealing with.

4 Likes

I hate that thing where a single vegetable is presented on a polystyrene tray covered in plastic wrap.
Re. plastic bags, guess you gotta start somewhere.

3 Likes

As far as I am concerned, you can put Brussels sprouts in the famous BB cannon.

1 Like

This is ideal for the supermarkets:

1. they save on their expenses of having to but the plastic bags

2. they now make a profit of selling bags to punters at a minimum of 15c each

The supermarkets would be laughing over this.

1 Like