Plastic bags

I don’t reckon the profit is all that much. I know someone who works at a big retailer and their bags cost about 12c to them, so they’re pocketing 3c.

Also, “the supermarkets might make a profit” is not an argument to not do it. The supermarkets already make a massive farking profit, but we give a fark about the 0.00001% increase selling plastic bags might bring them? Why?

3 Likes

I am not justifying their action, but on your figures, a 20% profit on an item would be huge for the supermarkets.

You can, … but you don’t, because you’re not that bluddy silly right?

You do realise that 10c of that was going to be donated to environmental causes hence the hysterical outburst at the Coles decision.
10c on every bag buys an awful lot of 5 star hotels at conferences in exotic loctions.
Coles would also make a profit out of the deal, 15c for a 4 or 5c bag, 10c to the greenies which can be claimed back on tax.

Umm, so you support my point then?

Or maybe people could bring their own bags and reduce destructive waste.

5 Likes

That’s an ethnic condom.

Right.

1 Like

You’re clearly a shill for Big Canvas.

4 Likes

Even better. use nothing, wheel your trolley back to the car, throw the ■■■■ in the back seat and you’re done.

Car?!?! Where’s your social conscience?

2 Likes

Typo.
He meant cart.

2 Likes

Horses produce an inordinate amount of greenhouse gases, so not cart either.

1 Like

Golf Cart. Electric, … (Yes, … Charged by solar & wind.)

Well obviously not a horse-driven cart.
Puppies.
Lots of puppies.
Perhaps supplied from some sort of farm.

Fools acting like they ain’t never been to ALDI before.

You know your either pretentious or stupid when South Australia and Tasmania are ahead of you

1 Like

Who said anything about a horse?

I don’t recall any Victorians claiming not to be pretentious?

1 Like

It’s a good point.

The whole controversy about this has actually revealed that there are actually still people who shop at Coles and Woolies and not Aldi. Who are these people?