“Please Ban Me” - the Review Thread vs Sydney

predictable. expected. Swans may very well go all the way.

1 Like

Um…

I AM SO ■■■■■■■ SICK OF THIS FREE KICK IN F50 THEN STRAIGHT AWAY FREE KICK IN CENTRE SQUARE STRAIGHT AFTER THAT THESE ■■■■■■■ PATHETIC UMPIRES DO EVERY GAME WE GET EVEN THE SLIGHTEST AMOUNT OF MOMENTUM.

Seriously, happens 90% of games and happened against vs Sydney, dubious free kick gives them first goal, then bam, straight away, dubious free kick in the centre. Happens way too much.

Also whoever didn’t pay that HTB against Buddy needs to be ■■■■■■■ impaled on a streetlight, utter ■■■■■■■ trash, just ■■■■■■■ blow him ump you ■■■■■■■ pathetic ■■■■

10 Likes

I get the feeling you are angry ?

6 Likes

Fair enough too. The first one they paid against Heppell he had no prior, and the tackler has his legs wrapped around Heps ankle. Play on it a trip.

Then there was that one in the guts where Begley(?) gets around about 4 blokes and someone runs past and taps the ball out of his hands. Gets pinged for it.

At least twice Buddy took the ball and tried to break the tackle and just dropped it. Swans and eagles in previous years the masters at it.

It’s a pity that footy has changed so much from the principles. Don’t get me started on the over the head handball…

3 Likes

Umpires are ■■■■■■

I’m surprised wenwreent shafted more, if we had actually put up a fight we would have seen a lot more questionable decisions

Essendon had 6x more free kicks than Sydney…

6 more? I am not aware of there being multiples involved.

1 Like

It’s still the same list he’s always had,Dimma was on the verge of getting sacked last season.

I say they are playing with a system rather then years of built up talent heck even their duds are having good years. What ever game style they were using wasn’t working so the Tigers changed all his assistants and they way they play something we need to do I say.

They were lucky they played Geelong who are crap because if the lost they would have got flogged by Sydney

Did they intentionally change ther game plan. I thought Griffiths got injured early, they didn’t have a replacement tall so went small and it started working so they ran with it. Successful change of plan more by luck than genius planning.

Some of those early decisions were ridiculously soft. Their first 2 goals came directly from soft frees.

Amazing feat to be able to handball whilst simultaneously holding on to the ball with both hands.

2 Likes

This is one development in the game I absolutely cannot stand. May as well just reintroduce the flick pass.

Don’t even waste energy complaining about umpiring. When you lose by 10 goals plus, umpiring has bugger all bearing on anything.

7 Likes

When it’s bad umpiring it’s always relevant. No one is saying it would have changed the outcome. It can seriously set a trend though.

1 Like

The Heeney landing on top of Bags and nearly breaking his neck happened straight in front of me, couldn’t believe it was play on.

2 Likes

I think people are just angry at the realisation that a large portion of our list melted in a final

2 Likes

Its very very clear we lost because we were thrashed by contested marking .

We average 11.6 contested marks per game. we managed 8, but we allowed Sydney 26 when they average half that. Even Hooker only averages 2.6 contested mars per game and he is the equal best contested mark in the comp in 2017.

So, given that a lot of the contested mark difference ( 18) were inside F50 for the Swans, it accounts for the goals kicked against us.

Why? Without going back over the painful 2nd quarter replay, it appeared our defenders were blocked, failed to make the contest and an extra Sydney player often dropped into the hole and marked.
In this respect, our defenders were comprehensively outplayed by Sydney forwards body positioning.
Add in another couple of Buddy goals from poorly defended leads.

4 Likes

Near the end of the tigers cats game the commentators noted that the tigers hadn’t tried to switch the play once in the backline. I’ve watched abit of the tigers over the last few years as my missus is a fan and all they used to do was kick backwards and try and switch.

We lost because their midfield could walk around ours without having to worry about any pressure

2 Likes